IRL (Tony George) buys out Champ car

craig71188

Hey look, Common Sense! Duh, Indy car was way better back in the day.

You mean before the spoiled Grandson was in charge? The good ideas went to Champ Car, the dull profitable ones went to the IRL and they still managed to be struggling. According to the world, the IRL only has one race every year, the stands are empty pretty much everywhere else....until now. IRL has pick of the good tracks at nice places.

i just want to see them rolling on road courses as well as super speedways. i get bored watching things go in a big ass circle.

So did everyone else, apparently. I was to see mutherfukin turbo cars, different engines, more flexible rules from team to team, chassis to chassis. I want something interesting, not entertaining.

George and Kalkoven were on Wind Tunnel the other night, very interesting. It all sounds very tentative and plenty of work to do. Still a great decision and I'm not exactly sure "buys ChampCar out" is accurate. Its interesting that Forsythe isn't talking, we'll see if he speaks up here soon...

Mid Ohio should far surpass the great event held their last year though which is cool!

Oh and screw Tony Stewart. It wil be interesting to see if any those jumpers come back to INDY now.

Still a great decision and I'm not exactly sure "buys ChampCar out" is accurate. Its interesting that Forsythe isn't talking, we'll see if he speaks up here soon....

Maybe the "buys ChampCar out" isn't exactly correct - it is listed as a "merger", but wait and see who's running things and what the name of the series will be! Whatever you call it there's still one "winner" - and it looks like Tony George will wind up with what he wanted to begin with, to hold all the cards.

I agree we need a single unified series. I think we will get parity and some good racing. Now the question is, can he bring back a variety of chassis and engine manufacturers, or will this be a top tier open wheel "IROC" series?

Too bad we can't get the some unification in top tier sports car racing.....