Car Audio

HotCarl

Before you flame me for using the Search button I will say I tried. For some reason it just kept bringing up a blank page.

I know its been talked about before but can anyone recommend a reputable shop/individual who can install an aftermarket head unit in my Eclipse? Pretty simple, take out the old, aftermarket DD unit and put in the newer one I already have. The other option is if anyone know's how to remove this fucking thing without breaking the center console Im open to opinions. If I pay someone to do this it's gonna be on the cheap they literally dont have to do any work but remove the unit and put the new one in.

The unit I have is already wired up and ready to go.

Before you flame me for using the Search button I will say I tried. For some reason it just kept bringing up a blank page.

I know its been talked about before but can anyone recommend a reputable shop/individual who can install an aftermarket head unit in my Eclipse? Pretty simple, take out the old, aftermarket DD unit and put in the newer one I already have. The other option is if anyone know's how to remove this fucking thing without breaking the center console Im open to opinions. If I pay someone to do this it's gonna be on the cheap they literally dont have to do any work but remove the unit and put the new one in.

The unit I have is already wired up and ready to go.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32276

If it has an aftermarket cd player in it, it may require the 2 slider things that go into each side to release it. Sorry for such a bad description.

Yeah it does have an aftermarket head unit. Its a pos, hence the reason for taking it out and putting the one i have in it. I knew there had to be some sort of tool to unlatch it, using two flathead screw drivers and pliers weren't exactly helping any :)

Thanks for the recommendation Trowa, like I said its not like I want a big system or anything. Just a swap, I'll try it again but if i cant get it out without breaking somehting I'll give them a call.