Launch Control Discussion

thorne

I know allot of guys run it. The WRX is getting a computer upgrade which is going to allow me to do LC.

The issue I have is I'm not sure 1 max MPH to raise the rev limiter.

So at launch it sets at 3k then at 5 mph it removes that limiter.

How do you guys do it ?

I've not picked a rpm I was tossing it out there hypothetical. I spoll full boost at 3500.

Remember that you're not building boost normally. You're just building wastegate pressure, and doing it wth very little load on the engine. So there has to be enough resistance through the WG for the turbo to start building boost. Most LCs I've seen for the STI/WRX are around 4500-5000rpm.

What are you talking about not building boost? Most people when there 2-step is properly set-up can pick there boost level and RPMs. My evo make as much boost as I want on the 2-step including how big of a fireball too.

I'm assuming you're wanting to do something that is programmable to your stock ECU? I'm not familiar with that at all or any other unit though. I would think placing it on the clutch pedal is a bad idea unless you have some sort of speed trigger which is sound like you will have.

I have a small switch I can hold while holding the shifter. At 4500 I pulled timing back to -5* and was able to make about 7psi. I have flat shifting set to 6500 and retards to 5* to hold boost during shifts. I don't rev any higher than that because I never made power beyond it.

5-6 on street tires 6-7 on slicks. 5mph is fine for the speed limiter.

Are you able to change the launce control by gear or above 5mph? Anti lag or 2 step during shifts would give you instant boost between shifts.

Just don't mess with timing and fuel (anti lag) yourself on a stock motor.

they have three setable rpm limiters. One is activated under 13 kmh I believe (Launch control), the other is activated ABOVE that speed with the clutch pushed in (Flat shift rev limit) and then a top overrev limit (When clutch is out, over rev protection).

^ found that on google not sure if its true or not. I believe there talking about UTEC