anyone used invisalign?

evan9381

so after having braces for years as a kid, my teeth over the years have decided to shift again. its getting to the point where its driving me nuts. i hate taking pictures, theres foods that are a bitch to eat, among many other issues

im not going to go back to metal braces at 23. i refuse. ive read a few things on the invisalign system, its quick (12-18 mos), pretty much unnoticeable, and i dont have to make monthly trips to the dentist.

at this point im trying to get some opinions if anyone has done it to see if it would be worth it.

so after having braces for years as a kid, my teeth over the years have decided to shift again. its getting to the point where its driving me nuts. i hate taking pictures, theres foods that are a bitch to eat, among many other issues

im not going to go back to metal braces at 23. i refuse. ive read a few things on the invisalign system, its quick (12-18 mos), pretty much unnoticeable, and i dont have to make monthly trips to the dentist.

at this point im trying to get some opinions if anyone has done it to see if it would be worth it.

My uncle is in his 40's and had to have metal braces. Don't feel bad about having to get them.

One of my musical instructors at the university I attend is in his 30s and has braces. He does just fine with them and I never hear of anyone making fun of him. It's better than having crooked teeth IMO.

As for invisalign, I used something similar when I was a kid. When my dentist removed my braces, he gave me a front retainer made of the same clear material as invisalign. I believe that invisalign is for the entire row of teeth though. I could be wrong. My retainer just covered my upper front visible teeth. I could barely tell that it was there when I looked in the mirror. I eventually wore it out by grinding my teeth on it constantly. I guess it was a nervous habit.

i know there are people who have them older than me, but im not going to have them. ive had them before, and besides the dorky look they give on anyone older than 14, they make it harder to floss, left spots on 2 of my teeth from the first set, and are not comfortable by any means.

ive looked into the price, so im ready for that aspect

and i also had retainers...my top one was actually all behind my teeth and the roof of my mouth, and no wire, so no one knew it was there, and the bottom was clear w/ wires...after breaking like 7-8 of them and worn it for 3 of the 5 years they told me to, i quit going back and making my parents spend more $ on new ones

i guess it didnt help that my wisdom teeth didnt come in until after all that and didnt get pulled until i was 18 (iirc)

Guest Melanie
i want to get them too. i was told by someone who has them that they are great. but you do have to wear the last one forever or your teeth will start to shift back in a few days. and its really expensive if you lose a tray. im wondering if a permanent retainer could be put in instead of having to wear the last tray, and where is a good place to go?

A girl friend of mine has them and, although she constantly sounded like she had penis in her mouth at first, they seem to be working good.

They are slightly noticable but obviously not as much as metal braces.

I guess I haven't really looked at the straightness of her teeth or remember what they were before, but I would say they work.

Go for it. Better than having a fucked up grill. :D

i want to get them too. i was told by someone who has them that they are great. but you do have to wear the last one forever or your teeth will start to shift back in a few days. and its really expensive if you lose a tray. im wondering if a permanent retainer could be put in instead of having to wear the last tray, and where is a good place to go?

That doesn't make sense. If they act as braces and assist in moving the teeth, a shift back within a few days just doesn't seem reasonable. Of course, I am just spitting this out of my ass but that would suck to have to wear one forever.

i know a guy at work says he still has to wear retainers at night to keep his teeth from moving. i wouldnt mind that once im done, because it would only be while im sleeping. im just sick of how bad my teeth have shifted.

im probably gonna make an appointment for next week and check it out

Guest Melanie
That doesn't make sense. If they act as braces and assist in moving the teeth, a shift back within a few days just doesn't seem reasonable. Of course, I am just spitting this out of my ass but that would suck to have to wear one forever.

i dont thinks the girl who told me this meant shifting all the way back, just starts to shift. And i think its wearing the last tray at night only but dont quite remember

call your dentisit and see what the warranty on your teeth is? :confused:

I've had a permanent retainer in my lower set of teeth since I had my braces removed about 6 years ago. I don't even notice it.

Same here. I have always wondered when I should get it removed. How long are you keeping yours in?