Boyd coddington Died

Mike_Shepard

From another forum...

Hello all,

It is with a heavy heart that I come on here and write this. I just wanted to stop by and thank everyone for their comments and prayers. A friend told me about this forum and I stopped by last night to read all of the posts, and what I seen made me proud to be a hot rodder. Thank you one and all.

Boyd was a great man, not just because of his accomplishments, but, because of what he believed in and did. I was with him for 8 years and seen the man for who he really was, not what was seen on a TV show or a brief encounter. I can tell you all he truly loved hot rods and enjoyed seeing the cars that folks brought to the many shows we attended. Here's a good example of how he felt, we were at a small show for an appearance. Him and Jo were taking a break before heading out to start signing autographs and hadn't had a chance to see the show yet. I had taken a quick walk around to see some of the cars and when I returned he asked how it was. I made the comment that some of the cars really didn't belong in a car show which quickly brought a response from Boyd. He told me " these guys work hard on their cars and they are proud of them, that's what matters, and it is not for us to judge them but to respect them for the hard work and effort it takes." He of course was right and I knew better, just one of those stupid comments we all make sometimes.

I learned a lot from Boyd over these past 8 years and, although I wish I could have more, I thank God I had the time I did. I am proud to have known and worked for the man and feel very blessed and lucky. He is and always will be a legend in our community, and will be deeply missed.

Again, thank you one and all, and I will pass along the wonderful thing you all have said on here to Jo and the rest of the family and folks at the shop. God bless you.

Todd Emmons

Boyd Coddington's Garage

Guest 614Streets

Im not speaking bad about the dead but there was alot of people swooped by Coddington. His first investors in the wheel line that went bankrupt , to the hot rod magazine club , to the kit car fiasco, and the latest with shelby and the elenor line up scandal.

Anyways.. RIP DAWG

Even though I'm not a big fan is his work, this is truly sad and brings about the end of an era.

http://www.izui.com/autos/Chezoom/Chezoom.jpg

http://www.digi-24.com/img/1965_Mustang_GT_Fastback_Boyd_Coddington_front_side_1.jpg

http://www.autotrend.com/pic/9934.jpg

RIP Boyd

http://www.dupontregistry.com/Celebritycar/Winter2007/images/Win07-p-BoydCoddington-1.jpg

i have been building street rods for 10 years now, and i got the oppurtunity to meet Boyd a couple of times, and he was a great man and built some nice cars. He was one of idols that i looked up to, i almost took a position working for him out at his shop.

I love how everyone says "the TV shows" this and that. TV shows are edited and influenced to produce drama and entertainment. Watching seven guys build a hotrod for a half hour, not talking, and working diligently is not a formula for a successful television show for the average consumer.

I am sure, as stated by the man who worked for him, it was a great place.

Boyd Coddington was a visionary in the automotive industry and did a ton of things that brought the hobby to where it is today.

his brain exploded because he couldent figure out how to build a car that could runner up chips riddler cars.

i never liked him and most of the people that worked for him didnt like him either.

but that being said he did have some cool cars. sometimes.

His first investors in the wheel line that went bankrupt

Is that why we (on the TV show) would always see like 900 wheels sitting outside his shop, in the rain? I always wondered about that, like how many wheels could he really go through in a year to make it worth having that many. Ah well, RIP Boyd.

BTW, a big belly on an otherwise skinny body is typical of "Metabolic Syndrome" which, while it doesn't look all that unhealthy, is one of the worst conditions to have for long term health. It is commonly found alongside diabetes, heart disease, etc.

Guest 614Streets

The first line of investors date back to the early 80's when productions rolled out they were just Boyd wheels , the company flopped right around the time they were doing the chezoom project , pretty sure , anyways the new wheels you buy today say Boyd coddington and are known under that inc. Thats the effect though of the declaration of bankruptcy and inturn using the salvaged money to reopen the line in his Son's name , which just happens to be Boyd coddington jr.

Just typing the name Boyd coddington jr nets a source for some of the schisting.

http://www.autoblog.com/2004/11/04/boyd-coddington-enemy-number-one/