[SNIPER CREW] 1.3mile shot in Afghanistan

RedRocket1647545505

Anyone see the little snipit on the history channel about Hathcock? I think it was mixed in with one of those sniper shows.

Talked about him being asked to do a mission with no details prior to agreeing to it. Wandered his way into N. Vietnam, sat there for a few days, watched his marks exact moves and routine, and on like the third day, when his mark performed his morning stretch and yawn, he popped his ass.

Guy was a badass

Tha man:

http://www.marinedevildog.com/mclinks/hathcock.jpg

I think once Iraq/Afghanistan missions are de-classified, we'll start seeing more snipers racking up large #'s of kills and amazing shots. There is one Iraqi sniper aka "Jubba", that was making a large dent on US Forces. We've watched all his videos, and honestly I have to show a little respect, but at the same time he's using the busy city to his advantages and a mobile platform too.

The cocksucker

http://onlinejihad.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/101607-2025-theultimate21.jpg

Scott, why have you gone to sniper school?

You mean why didn't I? I got out because my CO denied me and another buddy of mine from going over to our Battalion's scout sniper platoon. They wanted some Combat Engineers over there for demo, and to be some more shooters. Our CO basically told us fuck no, we need you 2 in the company. So we got out since they fucked up our re-enlistment. We went to a crash sniper course when we got our M14's, but it wasn't but 5 days long and was pretty vauge.

You mean why didn't I? I got out because my CO denied me and another buddy of mine from going over to our Battalion's scout sniper platoon. They wanted some Combat Engineers over there for demo, and to be some more shooters. Our CO basically told us fuck no, we need you 2 in the company. So we got out since they fucked up our re-enlistment. We went to a crash sniper course when we got our M14's, but it wasn't but 5 days long and was pretty vauge.

Yep that is what I meant, I failed at typing. The NG has a sniper school now though.

We used to study these videos for hours, bet you guys might have seen. It made me sick, but it made us more aware of what can happen if we weren't on our toes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGfYBcJHiFw

man, thats sad stuff right there. using a crowded city as ur background cover to blend in. :(

Hathcocks 1st tour in Vietnam was a 30-06 with an Unertal 8x scope, which is the famous sniper picture with the long sunshade scope, lying on his stomach with his hat with the feather, his 2nd tour 2 years later was a 308 with a 3X9 redfield scope. Plus another for the white feather book. A gift for Xmas, could not put it down, boring in parts but necessary to tell the whole aspect of his life, after reading I picked up marine sniper, hell of a man, props to anybody out there defending our freedom.

Anyone see the little snipit on the history channel about Hathcock? I think it was mixed in with one of those sniper shows.

Talked about him being asked to do a mission with no details prior to agreeing to it. Wandered his way into N. Vietnam, sat there for a few days, watched his marks exact moves and routine, and on like the third day, when his mark performed his morning stretch and yawn, he popped his ass.

Guy was a badass

The book goes into good detail about that mission. He had to kill a VC that was slated to torture a couple downed Helicopter pilots if I remember right. Or something to that effect. there is so much info and detail in that book it's hard to remember everything 100%, but reading and learning and remembering the basics of what he did is something fun to do (and later have conversations about).