Free car wash please.

thorne

It was REALLY muddy:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2177/2302941555_53c7a2a9e0.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3291/2302937291_222a61874a.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2214/2302943589_ca21ceb875.jpg

Next RallyX will be March 29th at National Trails, Lot F. You too can be this dirty! ;) (SUVs and other topheavy vehicles need not apply)

You must have a badass paying job to take a 20k car out and play in the mud...

That, or you have bigger balls then I do. As much as I would like to do this with my talon, i would hate to...

Bought mine used with 93K miles. But I'll tell ya this: You can get an old GC 2.5RS for much cheaper (5K or so), and those things are some of the fastest out there. (Top place last RallyX was a stripped out N/A 2.5RS). With the low traction and lack of good straights, it comes down to driver more than car. You don't need a turbo to be fast in RallyX.

Also, RallyX is easier on your car than AutoX. The low traction means less strain on your car. The only thing you need to worry about is ruts. But if you're not trying for 1st, there's no reason why you can't go slow over the ruts, or go around them. And if ruts do start to form, the organizers will adjust the track on the fly so you can drive around them.

I washed my beater today ^_^

Grr, I went to hose off today but all the carwashes were 3 or 4 cars deep waiting for the bays. :mad: I'm going to have to wait for tonight to blast the mud off.

On the lighter side, I thought I'd take some pics next to a neighbor's truck.. ;) I blanked out his plate because I didn't exactly ask his permission. :eek: I might slip him copies of the pics and ask where he goes mudding.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2198/2304862851_367d42628a.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3165/2305661698_d66f611285.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2202/2304865841_1d12053bd6.jpg

Bought mine used with 93K miles. But I'll tell ya this: You can get an old GC 2.5RS for much cheaper (5K or so), and those things are some of the fastest out there. (Top place last RallyX was a stripped out N/A 2.5RS). With the low traction and lack of good straights, it comes down to driver more than car. You don't need a turbo to be fast in RallyX.

Also, RallyX is easier on your car than AutoX. The low traction means less strain on your car. The only thing you need to worry about is ruts. But if you're not trying for 1st, there's no reason why you can't go slow over the ruts, or go around them. And if ruts do start to form, the organizers will adjust the track on the fly so you can drive around them.

I agree it really not that bad maybe some scratches but I bought the car to have fun not be garage queen. I spent a good 30 minutes just spraying the mud off today. But it was well worth it

I agree it really not that bad maybe some scratches but I bought the car to have fun not be garage queen. I spent a good 30 minutes just spraying the mud off today. But it was well worth it

I had to use a Pay 'N Spray. THe owner gave me two bucks to hose the bay down when I was done so he could go home to his wife. :D I can image what he thought as he was getting ready to go home after a busy day and saw my car roll up. ;)

I think my car is sitting higher on the springs now.

I really like using car washes to spray off parts and stuff.

I normally show up, put the parts out and spray them down with degreser and let them sit for a few min then spray them down.

Much easier then pulling the power washer out in 20 degree temps. I can't wait to take the talon down there and spray out the engine bay. I will probably lose 20 pounds in greese

I really like using car washes to spray off parts and stuff.

I normally show up, put the parts out and spray them down with degreser and let them sit for a few min then spray them down.

Much easier then pulling the power washer out in 20 degree temps. I can't wait to take the talon down there and spray out the engine bay. I will probably lose 20 pounds in greese

If you might like to play in the dirt, come to National Trails the 29th. You don't have to drive. It's free to watch and ride with someone; you just have to sign a waiver and wear a brain bucket which you can borrow from the bins if you don't have one.

Hell it's only $45 for non SCCA members to drive. You can probably talk your way into co-driving someone else's car. :D

If you might like to play in the dirt, come to National Trails the 29th. You don't have to drive. It's free to watch and ride with someone; you just have to sign a waiver and wear a brain bucket which you can borrow from the bins if you don't have one.

Hell it's only $45 for non SCCA members to drive. You can probably talk your way into co-driving someone else's car. :D

I might make it down, I talked to thorne about riding in his car before and maybe I can make it down then. Would a snowmobile helmet work? what is the requirements on helments?

I might make it down, I talked to thorne about riding in his car before and maybe I can make it down then. Would a snowmobile helmet work? what is the requirements on helments?

6.3.P Snell 1995 (SA95, M95, K98) or newer labeled helmets are approved for use. This is a minimum standards for use in RallyCross, other approved helmets are:

1. British Standards: BS 6658-85 type A/FR, including all amendments.

2. SFI Foundation, Inc: SFI Spec 31.1

If your helmet doesn't comply they have tons of every size available.

oooooh. Maybe I'll take the dsm out....

I'll let you go drive if you can show me you know how to drive well before hand.

I'll let you go drive if you can show me you know how to drive well before hand.

Well, I am defiently not driving my car, or anyone else's like that anytime soon, Finally got my talon up and running full bore and it scares the shit out of me already lol...

The sad part is it is only a 14 sec car... I have driven some slow cars in my life!

Happy to ride along! I'll send u a pm later this month thorne.