Apartment Search

Buteo

I am moving to Columbus after I graduate from school this May. I have a job lined up for a year, then I am attending med school.

I have been searching using google and I cant seem to find an area I want. I am trying to be as cheap as possible, but I want to live in decent area ( arena, grandview, sn) etc... I know that cheap and a good area generally dont go well together, but I am going to try.

Shoot me a pm or post if you know of anyplace that is under 600 a month in or near these areas. Also, if there are any other places you recommend feel free to let me know.

Everything downtown in and around the Arena district is REALLY expensive. If you want to stay somewhat close try Grandview, German Village and similar area's. You might be able to escape with a decent 1bedroom for that price, but all of the places Ive ever seen are duplexes and multi-family building's so it might be hard to find a 1 bedroom.

If your willing to live in the burbs there are plenty of 1 bedroom apartments for under 600 on the NW side. Hell you can probably find a 2 bedroom for under that price.

Good luck. I'm trying to find a place that's decent downtown for 1000 or under and can't find anything nice that isn't the size of a closet.

I can live in a place the size of a closet. I am mostly looking at studio apartments...so size isnt really an issue.

I can live in a place the size of a closet. I am mostly looking at studio apartments...so size isnt really an issue.

You can find studio/efficiency apartments in the suburbs for 400 and sometimes under. But I'll warn you their not always in the nicest areas. It always seem's they're run and managed by the same company and I only know of ONE of their location's that I would consider nice enough to live in. And when I say nice enough I mean I wont have to worry if my car's going to be broken into every night.

if they have an opening the little apartment complex I lived in was only 5 something for a two bedroom its in a decent area if I can remeber the name I'll post it up

downtown apartments and flats are waaaaaaaaay overpriced and you still have to pay for parking somewhwere and hope all your shit doesn't get hijacked

if you don't mind a rougher neighbor hood you can live on the near east side the bottoms or the hilltop its cheap but its not nice

Grandview area would be ok. I guess anything relatively close to downtown is good. First priority is safety for me, gf, and car.

I am trying to stay out of the bad areas, a modded wrx parked on the street tends to draw some attention.

You could look around the henderson/bethel road area (northern upper arlington). I live in Governour's Square Apartments and pay 674/mo for a freshly remodled 2br. Good safe area, and really pretty central location to Dublin/Polaris/Easton/Downtown. Drive to downtown only takes about 5-7 minutes. Not to mention just about every store you could ask for on bethel, henderson and sawmill.

Edit - I see you're coming from Oxford... I grew up in Hamilton

Cheap, safe, close to downtown. Pick two, and welcome to the real world. Grandview isn't bad but you don't get much for what you pay for compared to places a little farther out like Bethel Rd. As long as you don't have to street park, your car will be fine.