NiN Releases GHOST for free.

thorne

Coldplay, Nin,

I wonder who is next. This could really change the face of music. I have always said that I would not pirate if stuff cost a more reasonable amount.

Hell i'd buy new video games if they didn't cost 40-50 bucks. But I'd drop 10-15 sight unseen to take in a new game.

Hell, If all albums were only a 2-5 bucks theres no need to pirate. Hell, I'd downloaded a good $100 worth of music from legalsounds over the last year. Simply because tracks are only 9cents! Makes it not worth it to pirate some stuff.

Coldplay, Nin,

I wonder who is next. This could really change the face of music. I have always said that I would not pirate if stuff cost a more reasonable amount.

Hell i'd buy new video games if they didn't cost 40-50 bucks. But I'd drop 10-15 sight unseen to take in a new game.

Hell, If all albums were only a 2-5 bucks theres no need to pirate. Hell, I'd downloaded a good $100 worth of music from legalsounds over the last year. Simply because tracks are only 9cents! Makes it not worth it to pirate some stuff.

Yeah why deal with some shitty encoded mp3 when you can dl the FLAC. If more artests jump on then this could be a huge event. If you look he is also selling full cd sets threw his company he made.

Radiohead did something somewhat similar to this for the release of their last album. They didn't go putting it on bit torrent anywhere, but they let people choose the price they wanted to pay to download the album, included free if that's what you wanted to pay. They said people still paid on average something like 6 or 7 bucks per album even though they didn't have to.

Hopefully bands like these will start making the record companies realize that they aren't as needed as they were in the past.