Who is good with Transmissions?

carl1647545492

I need to replace my 6 puck and while my tranny is out of the car I would like to have a second opinion if I needs to be rebuilt or not.

I did a visual and could not see missing teeth or bad bearings ect.

Its a 5 speed from my FD and

has been making a rattling noise for a few years now,it would disappear when you depressed in the clutch and come back when it was out.Oh,and I cant remember if the pilot bearing was replaced when we pulled the motor last year,C.

I need to replace my 6 puck and while my tranny is out of the car I would like to have a second opinion if I needs to be rebuilt or not.

I did a visual and could not see missing teeth or bad bearings ect.

Its a 5 speed from my FD and

has been making a rattling noise for a few years now,it would disappear when you depressed in the clutch and come back when it was out.Oh,and I cant remember if the pilot bearing was replaced when we pulled the motor last year,C.

carl your fd is STIll down ?

Normally when you get a whirring sound when your clutch is engaged it's the throw-out bearing, however it could be something else.. hard to say without hearing it and inspecting first hand Carl.

Good luck with getting your car running again though, I'm sure you're excited to drive it again since the weather is looking up.