skunk and cat are buddies

TTQ B4U

was telling a friend at work about our nieghbors cat who hangs with a local skunk. funny as shit to see them together on a regular basis.

http://www.pbase.com/pdqgp/image/84106988.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/pdqgp/image/84106989.jpg

I have a 400mm + reach with this lens but the top one was at about 160mm and the second at about 250mm.

It was cool. I even called the skunk out of the hole under my nieghbors porch and he had no problem coming up close without so much as a grunt or growl. Skunks are pretty brave and take a little provoking to spray really. Just don't startle/scare one. :eek:

http://www.pbase.com/pdqgp/image/84106984.jpg

I hope you had a nice zoom lense and werent that close to the stinky creature!

I have a 400mm + reach with this lens but the top one was at about 160mm and the second at about 250mm.

It was cool. I even called the skunk out of the hole under my nieghbors porch and he had no problem coming up close without so much as a grunt or growl. Skunks are pretty brave and take a little provoking to spray really. Just don't startle/scare one. :eek:

http://www.pbase.com/pdqgp/image/84106984.jpg

intresting. I think the better question is does your neighbor know there is a skunk under thier porch and if so why haven't they have it removed?

yep....we had two different ones when I was a kid. just have to cage them at night as they will eat any bit of food they can get including inside cabinets. they also have extremely long nails and bullied our dogs around

you can get the sprayer remoned from a skunk and they actually make good cat like pet

He knows, but he's old and single and has no dogs so he doesn't worry. Actually since he's been there, we've had no opossems, ground hog or racoon issues. Not sure if it's all him or not. I'm just extra careful when I let the dogs out.

intresting. I think the better question is does your neighbor know there is a skunk under thier porch and if so why haven't they have it removed?

Skunks are pretty sociable if you don't make hasty movements, threaten, or corner them. My wife's parents had a wild skunk that would come around to eat the cats food too. Many occasion I'd walk out to see the skunk. Pet it a few times too. Leave it with an 'out' when trying to approach, stay up wind, and there shouldn't be any problems.

nahh...they hibernate for weeks. my guess is he'll sleep it out until the snow melts.

our pet skunks would sleep for 3-6 weeks like they were dead or something during the winter months ....and they were indoor pets.

I'll have to check the nest in the morning if I have time.

That skunk is dead now with all that snow....

That skunk is fine. He's all nice and cozy curled up somewhere in a hole. Look around for holes, especially under the house. I suggest getting up real close to the hole and poking down inside of it with a stick while sniffing deeply. You know, just to check. :D

That skunk is fine. He's all nice and cozy curled up somewhere in a hole. Look around for holes, especially under the house. I suggest getting up real close to the hole and poking down inside of it with a stick while sniffing deeply. You know, just to check. :D

I sure hope he is ok:)