Broke my fucking toe!

Buck531

Ugh. Friday night after working a good 100 hours from home this week I had my wife get me some beer on the way home from bowling ( I was working so I coudln't bowl). I go upstairs to get my smokes and the beer and start to head back down stairs. I was also playing the 360 so I had my headset on and the controller too. I go to turn around in the kitchen and WHAM! rammed it right into the corner of a shelf like looking thing that divides our kitchen and our family room. I just cringe and think I just stowed it that I have done before.

Nope. I look down and I was pretty much in shock. My pinky toe on my left foot was bent at a 45 degree angle at the knuckle. It pretty much looked like a Y without the right / part. Mother fuck!

So after a few minutes of saying some words it's all numb. I can't feel shit at my toe. Maybe I just dislocated it? Hmm. I suck it up and push the broken shit back into place. I thought I would have heard it "pop" or something but that didn't happen. Got it aligned as good as I could get it and wrapped it up with some tape.

Went to work the next day from 3 pm to about 4 am. In pain all day.. limping my ass around taking a lot of ibuprophen (which didn't do shit). I got a whopping 5 hours of sleep Saturday night and went back into work around 10 am. Sunday morning. Around 1:00 pm I told my boss that I was going to the ER (right next door) to St. Anns to get it x-rayed.

Yep. Fractured the toe. I guess I popped it back into the right place cause the ER doc didn't do shit. Just said I fractured it and They were giving me a shoe and tape it up. I also got a "Get out of jail" free card for two days :). I have my two scheduled days off Tuesday and Wednesday. So right now I"m off until Thursday. Yippie.

The doc also gave me some vicodin and that's been helping a good amount with the pain. My foot is nice and swollen, my left side of my foot is all black and blue and the pain is shooing up my leg.

On a side note, when I came home at 3:00 am Saturday night/Sunday morning, The fucking plows came through before I came home and found a nice 4' barrier between the street and the driveway. Park my car in the street, limp my ass up to the garage and grab the broken shovel that my son broke earlier in the day. Dig a section out wide enough to fit the Regal through and park the car.

What a shitty week. I was on call so I worked from home all week which isn't a big deal. Adding up all my hours from pretty much 7 am to 11 pm M-F and the weekend shit I put in roughly 110 hours this week.

Nope.. I knew that they couldn't do anything other than tape it up. I guess I must have put it back in the right place cause he didn't do shit!

I asked my wife to get my cell phone down stairs so I could take a pic of it but I Just said fuck it and moved it.

Nice one Buck!! I had a pinky dislocated once on it's last joint pointing upward and that looked wierd. Also I just got back from the ER as I managed to sprain my knee snowboarding yesterday, mcl or something. I only got a prescription for Ibuprofen though, wanna share that vicodin as that's good shit?!

I broke my big toe last say of school one year and the following week I was on staff at a Scout camp and had to hike everywhere. I spent the week building bonfires mostly and then then pain had me wanting to dive in after we lit it.

Anyways that sucks buck but at least it is not a thigh bone or something

at least you didnt post a picture like your nasty toe nail situation

lol. I was going to find those pictures and post 'em up but I lost interest.

I do have pics of my foot now, but it's just black and blue.

That sucks...bones that small never heal easy. I broke my hand when I was fifteen, fifth meta-carpal, IIRC. Doc decided that since it wasn't a complete break, he'd just splint it. My pinky finger is slightly twisted to this day...

boxer's fracture. i guarantee it was a complete fracture, they always are, by definition. they almost never get operated on, unless the person has a rotational deformity in their finger (when you make a fist, your pinky finger rotates underneath your ring finger). if that was the case, you'd get some pins in your hand temporarily. you'd be amazed at how common this injury is. don't punch hard, stationary objects (doors, walls, etc.)