Recycling Computers & Monitors

Sully

Here at work, we have old computers and monitors that either don't work well or just don't work at all. I have already contacted a couple places that do the recycling thing, but we have to pay them to pick them up. Does anyone know of a place that will either take them from us at no charge, or maybe even pay us a little bit for them? What does your company do with their broken equipment?

I'm not going to toss them in the trash, because that's not eco-friendly or whatever, so don't suggest it.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

There's a place over by mount carmel east that will let you drop them off, and take them from you, free of charge. I'm pretty sure they just scrap the parts, based on the way they were tossing around all our old stuff, but it's free....

I've already talked to them and I know a couple people that work there. I use to work with these people for a different company several years ago.

Anyway, most all of what we have is no good. I've already ripped the memory and hdd's out of the pc's. What I've found so far is that we have to pay someone to come pick the stuff up so that they can dispose of it properly.

We don't want to pay someone to pick this stuff up, but no one wants to drive it anywhere to drop it off. Yeah, we're cheap and lazy. :-)

I've already talked to them and I know a couple people that work there. I use to work with these people for a different company several years ago.

Anyway, most all of what we have is no good. I've already ripped the memory and hdd's out of the pc's. What I've found so far is that we have to pay someone to come pick the stuff up so that they can dispose of it properly.

We don't want to pay someone to pick this stuff up, but no one wants to drive it anywhere to drop it off. Yeah, we're cheap and lazy. :-)

Costco will take it. you put the info in on their website and then print out a UPS label (shipping is on them) box it up and call UPS.

We are starting to use that method, but haven't done it yet as we have a ton of old equipment to recycle.