1996 Jaguar XJR Supercharged

Science Abuse

Feeler for interest:

Do a bit of research on the 95-97 XJRs, they are the good ones, the newer ones are fragile expensive crap.

1996 Jaguar XJR

322bhp, 378tq straight DOHC 6cylnder

Eaton M90 with Behr liquid-ait intercooler

Black ext, light tan interior

Gobs and gobs of features from 3pos memory seats to Harman Kardon sound system. It even opens my garage door, and 3 other peoples garage doors if I can get their fobs.

Cold-galvanized body at the factory = zero rust.

New belts, steering rack, and drivers door latch hardware.

Great shape, 80k miles, black paint that you could mistake for a mirror.

Bad things:

-Dash clock display; doesn't display human numerals.

-CD cartridge for 6 disc changer missing.

-Wont carry my canoe... well, I won't put my canoe on it.

-Drinks premium (beeewst)

-Damnit I cant beleive I'm selling this thing

$9500 gets you the best car ever to come from the famed Browns Lane, Coventry factory. I singled this generation out because it didn't come with any of the normal problems that Jags seem to have... with the exception of the door handles.

Pics available if you really need them. Just picture a perfect Jag XJR and you've pretty much got it. ;)

Not mine: http://images.cars.com/main/DMI/113606/4309A.jpg

I know I know. :( Fresh screen name, too!

The summer car-show season is coming, too, and I want mroe trophies (snagged some last year). Everytime I see this car, I say (occasioanly out loud) "Damn that's a good looking car".

I need to be (weap) more sensible. I've got a crazy car, I need one that makes more family sense.... like a V70R or 92x Aero. :)

You have a decent size 4-door sedan. How is that not family oriented?

I plead the 5th. :)

I'm over protective of it it, pretty much.

I wont strap my canoe to the top of it, though the roof can support a house (it's also the only car I have that's longer than the canoe).

I wont put a hitch on it, though the car can pull homes.

I don't let my boy eat in it, even though leather wipes up easy.

I wont drive it in snow, even though its got LSD and traction control

I spend too much time waxing it, I don't keep myself this clean

It floats down the highway, but I wont take it on long vacation trips.

It runs with a quickness, but I don't want to open lap it.

I need a workhorse, not a work of art. :)

I plead the 5th. :)

I wont strap my canoe to the top of it, though the roof can support a house

Sounds Like you need an 06 Wagon not the Saabaru, the Subaru WRX Wagon at least comes with roof rails.

06 2.5L Turbo engine > 2.0L Saabaru Turbo Engine

06 4 pot Brakes > Saabaru Brakes

Sounds Like you need an 06 Wagon not the Saabaru, the Subaru WRX Wagon at least comes with roof rails.

06 2.5L Turbo engine > 2.0L Saabaru Turbo Engine

06 4 pot Brakes > Saabaru Brakes

Saabs still look better. :) I can add roof rails to whatever I find (Saab did indeed have them as an option). Trouble with roofrails and the canoe: The roof load rating is higher than the load rating of the rails. The roof will hold the canoe, but rails wont. [/delema]

Second, there's only one Saabaru turbo within 100mi for sale, and it's 3 G more than the N/A black sex one for sale locally. I have a fun car, I'm thinking N/A may be the way to go.

Brakes? I'd upgrade those anyways. ;)

Know where I can get suspension bits that dont lower the car? I.E. good rally bound and height?

Suabru Roof rails hold 100lbs..... :confused: You have one heavy canoe.

Here is a guy with the stock rails and 78" Thule Bars with a Box AND a 17 ft canoe on top of his wagon and it is fine. Post #9

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=980050&highlight=Roof+Rail+Weight+Limit

As for suspension bits for Rally, Not off the top of my head.

Exactly what I'm looking to do. ;) Indeed my canoe is heavy, 120lb plus the 9ft oars. Truethfully, roof rails are designed to take the weight of the car (static). I'm not terribly worried about that.

This is the Saabaru I'm looking at. These are tough to find, apparently not allot of people are done witht hem yet, so they're not all over the market like WRXs. WRXs can probably be had cheaper, though.

Upgrade your STI suspension and give me your OE crap. :D

:lol: Want a ride? Going from a Jag to a STI suspension? You will sell the car inside of 90 days. I drove a 99 XJ8 in 1999 in AZ and put 1k miles on it in 5 days, it was easy, most comfortable car I have ever driven. The STI suspension is at the other end of the spectrum, maybe beyond. :)

I don't see any WRX being under 13k unless it has 100K and is an 02-03(u.l.g.y you ain't got no alibi). Maybe a NA Imprezza, not WRX.

:lol: Want a ride? Going from a Jag to a STI suspension? You will sell the car inside of 90 days. I drove a 99 XJ8 in 1999 in AZ and put 1k miles on it in 5 days, it was easy, most comfortable car I have ever driven.

http://squidcar.com/190.jpg

That was my first "family car", just took the stickers off. ;) Plus, the XJ8 suspension and the XJR suspension are very different. It's not limited to just spring rates and dampers either, I beleive there are geometric differences as well. 255 wide tires on all four corners, too. ;)

know of any TSBs or recals? Common problems to prepare for?

Edit: HA! Tron got a job selling cars!

And only he can hook you up!

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/c/cb/180px-Fif.jpg

:lol: Want a ride? Going from a Jag to a STI suspension? You will sell the car inside of 90 days. I drove a 99 XJ8 in 1999 in AZ and put 1k miles on it in 5 days, it was easy, most comfortable car I have ever driven. The STI suspension is at the other end of the spectrum, maybe beyond. :)

I don't see any WRX being under 13k unless it has 100K and is an 02-03(u.l.g.y you ain't got no alibi). Maybe a NA Imprezza, not WRX.

Bug Eye for life !!!!

13K would not be hard to find in a 04 with 60+K on it. 2 years ago I paid 15K for my bugeye with 60K on it