Dyno Tuned LS1 RX7

DTM Brian

1993 RX7 with a 2000 LS1 Engine.

Comp Cams Camshaft

Long Tube Headers

Cats to pass emissions for when the car goes to Korea this summer.

Single Flowmaster Muffler.

I did not get a chance to ride in the car previous to it coming in for a tune. But from what I was told by the car owner and the individual that referred the customer to me said the car was not easy to drive at low rpm's. Someone had tried doing a street tune on it before and there were a lot of parameters changed that were not necessary. So I had to work backwards. I was able to get rid of the surging/hanging idle and the bucking it had before the tune. The numbers were not what we were expecting. It is possible the cats could be a restriction. After the tune, I went for a ride with the customer and he was very impressed with the street manners that car had after the tune. So here are the results. A/F running between 12.8 and 12.7 with 24-25 degrees of timing without any KR.

http://24.26.129.28:50001/Dyno%20Graphs%20and%20Pictures./Dyno%20Graphs/Yohan%20LS1%20RX7.jpg

Haha, yeah. It's my car. I was expecting low 400s but I guess two cats that I have are robbing more power than I thought they would. I might redo the exhaust somewhere down the road, so I don't really like the way it's currently laid out.

BTW... it's a built 02 LS6 block. The ECU is '00 LS1 I believe. The block is built for nitrous so I think I'll slap 150 shot on there sometime later. :D

Anyhow, Brian did a really great job tuning it. All the bucking is gone and I can lug it down and comfortably cruise at 1500rpm. It's always hard when you have to work backwards trying to fix someone's mistakes, so big thumbs up for Brian. Thanks again:)

BTW, it's not THAT bad in Korea... People do run red lights, but only at night when there are no cars around. The GOOD thing is... Cops can't do shit over there. :D They have no chance of catching anyone in their Elentras. The highway chase cars are Ford Taurus's.... and there are no choppers... so yeah. There are huge street drags every weekend and also have winding roads runs and time trials(best and most safe one organized by Evo Club of Korea... no yellow line crossing allowed). I'm really looking forward to having some fun with it and surprising a lot of people over there.

BTW, it's not THAT bad in Korea... People do run red lights, but only at night when there are no cars around.

I have never been more scared in a car that I was riding in a cab over in Korea. I have ridden with some craziest drivers on this board and they don't hold a candle to that taxi driver. Probably didn't help that my friend offered an extra $20 to get back to base in 5 minutes on a normally 10 minute drive.

I will say most of the Koreans I talked to were very nice people and overall it is a nice country.