Check out my Subaru!

Cougar1647545494

Just picked it up today!

06 Legacy 2.5i Limited. Loaded. The AWD is especially nice, now hopefully I won't get stuck trying to make it up my driveway when it ices over. :) It's quite peppy for a 4 banger, and the computer says I'm running slightly better gas mileage then the cougar. It's definitely a lot quieter/smoother ride.

Couple quick pics, it's really dirty now as I had to drive 2 1/2 hours back home in the rain. The previous one owner took really nice care of it. I'll take more when it's nice out and I get a chance to wash/wax it.

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/8429/legacy008mediumln9.jpg

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/1125/legacy002mediumme3.jpg

I plan on replacing the factory plastic tubing with smoother intake piping to up the mpg, tint the tails, remove the pinstripe, clear the headlights, and just replace the factory speakers. It's already got a k&n drop in. Other then that it's my new daily.

So, I never even gave the Milan/Fusion a chance. Tried a few times to test drive one, they were sold out. Stopped by a Subaru dealer, drove the 3.0R, and fell in love (but way too expensive). Found this one on Autotrader the same day, drove up a couple days later and bought it. Actually cheaper then similar equipped Milan's, and a better AWD system. :)

Let me know what you think

I have a hard time believing that anyone would like a pos cougar enough to hang a cougar poster on their garage wall. In fact I think it would be cooler if the poster was instead a poster of cute fluffy kittens. But good pick up on the legacy, you'll like it lots. Oh and on subarus don't replace the speakers first, replace the stereo first. The speakers sound pretty alright when hooked to a stereo that puts out more than 5 watts/channel.

To each their own. We all have our own opinions on cars.

I've been reading up on the legacy forums about the stereo. There are things you can do to get around it and still maintain a factory look. Subaru does make an amp/sub that mounts underneath the drivers seat.

Example.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/zmarko/Picture004-1.jpg

148k lol.. get it right. :lol: Honestly though, I don't even make half that. That was another member posting under my account name. Yea.. he's an :asshole:. Not sure I'm ever gonna live that down.

148k lol.. get it right. :lol: Honestly though, I don't even make half that. That was another member posting under my account name. Yea.. he's an :asshole:. Not sure I'm ever gonna live that down.

Its true, you wont. Everytime I see your UID i think... "hrmm 148k?"

I plan on replacing the factory plastic tubing with smoother intake piping to up the mpg

Don't. Subarus are NOT happy with changing the intake unless you get tuned. Ask Thorne about Scaling his MAF. The problem is that Subaru uses a probe-style MAF rather than a full housing like the LS1 uses. This means that if you change the diameter of the intake pipe around the MAF, or change the bends before it, you might slip extra air past the MAF and run lean. Even Subaru's SPT intake has been shown to make legacies run lean.

Another issue that a friend of mine with a N/A subie found is that without the silencer in place, you may get a resonnance in the intake that will cause bad MAF readings. So research your upgrade thoroughly, and you may need to get tuned if you plan to run an Intake. Subarus can be very picky about mods. But if research, plan, and tune appropriately, they run VERY well.

The good news is that the stock Subaru intakes tend to work really well.

lol. figures.

I signed up on LGT. Nice people, lots of info. Pretty sweet since the car was made right here in Lafayette. I'd love to somehow take a look inside the factory.

They have tours. I went and it was pretty cool :) The only thing they didn't show was the driveline/suspension being installed. :( No cameras allowed inside either.

I was thinking more along the lines of this. I did read about adding a cone filter or moving the maf causes a cel.

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/443/dsc012030hs.jpg

You're right though. I should just leave it alone. I'll probalbly just screw something up. I really just want a little better mpg.

I checked on ebay for the mp3 stereo. No luck.

lol. figures.

I signed up on LGT. Nice people, lots of info. Pretty sweet since the car was made right here in Lafayette. I'd love to somehow take a look inside the factory.

I've toured it twice... we had an LGT.com tour back a few years ago....