Someplace to check window tint

blue98ls1

I'm looking for a place to check out the % of tint on my car's windows. I was pulled over today and the cop said he was pretty sure my windows where too dark, but didn't have a way to check them in his cruiser and suggested I have it checked or removed. I got the car with the windows already tinted, it doesn't look that dark to me, but i'd like to have it checked.

ask another cop most of them have a little tint-o-meter that measures the amount of light transmission a safe bet is if they can't see you through the window its too dark

50% on driverside and passenger side, whatever you want on the rest. Have it measured within that perimeter.

There is also a section in the Ohio code that prohibits the sale of a vehicle with illegal tint by a dealer. I don't know if you can prove it was on there when you got it but it may help if you ever get a ticket.

http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/4501-41

© No used motor vehicle dealer or new motor vehicle dealer, as defined in section 4517.01 of the Revised Code, shall sell any motor vehicle that fails to conform to the specifications of this chapter.

There is also a section in the Ohio code that prohibits the sale of a vehicle with illegal tint by a dealer. I don't know if you can prove it was on there when you got it but it may help if you ever get a ticket.

http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/4501-41

© No used motor vehicle dealer or new motor vehicle dealer, as defined in section 4517.01 of the Revised Code, shall sell any motor vehicle that fails to conform to the specifications of this chapter.

funny my old monte carlo is for sale right now or was with its 15% still on it.

if you go to a state patrol post or call them im sure you can set up a visit.. just tell them you just bought it and wanna see if you need to change the tint.. they should be more then willing to help seeing they use the tint excuse for alot of stuff