V6 Camaro engine codes.

Guest mrhobbz

Guest mrhobbz

So i went to autozone and had them read the engine codes for my engine light..

One was what i already figured: missfire in cyl. #3 - Dirty maf/ fuel filter/ fuel pump is what im leaning towards.

Second code: P1830:

Transmission transfer case counter clockwise

shift relay coil short circuit to ground

Transmission transfer case counter clockwise

shift relay coil open circuit..

**Figured it out, fixing it tonight**

Guest mrhobbz
i would figure if it was maf fuel filter or pump it would have a miss fire on more then 1 cyl.did u check the wires and maybe pull the plug and look at it?

supposedly the dealership just put new plugs and wires on it, I'm going to pull it in the garage and look at it tonight. Going to clean the MAF either way, fuel filter and see what happens, already have a set of plugs and wires at the house. Not too worried about the missfire, just not sure about this pressure solenoid.

supposedly the dealership just put new plugs and wires on it, I'm going to pull it in the garage and look at it tonight. Going to clean the MAF either way, fuel filter and see what happens, already have a set of plugs and wires at the house. Not too worried about the missfire, just not sure about this pressure solenoid.

Quite possible they did not get a wire seated properly or they cracked a plug putting it in. When I get home I will check my MODIS and see if the troubleshooting has any hints about the P1830 code.

Guest mrhobbz
Quite possible they did not get a wire seated properly or they cracked a plug putting it in. When I get home I will check my MODIS and see if the troubleshooting has any hints about the P1830 code.

I'm going to look at it when i get home, check engine light came on literally 2 days after driving the car, this morning it came on at an idle.. I don't think they payed much attention to anything.

Guest mrhobbz
you don't need to pull the transmission to replace any solenoids. just drop the pan and there all right there.

Oh shit, thanks for letting me know that :) I've also heard that is a common code to see along with a misfire and doesnt neccessarily indicate that its bad.

Guest mrhobbz
well since your car doesn't have a transfer case or a P1830 code i would hope you have some moron pull codes for you at AZ.

Yeah i just fucking realized that :\ you know since the car doesnt move you know?

Guest mrhobbz
fix the miss first, a car down on power and missing will always shift bad/funny maybe to the point of a code.

Im popping new plugs/wires/fuel filter/and cleaning the MAF sensor for good measure.. I guess we'll see how that goes.

I modded the shit out of my v6 bird and was in and out of that motor constantly. I threw misfired codes pretty often too. Does the car kind of stutter under throttle? I'll bet a good hunk of money that you blew an ignition coil, I guarantee.

Guest mrhobbz
I modded the shit out of my v6 bird and was in and out of that motor constantly. I threw misfired codes pretty often too. Does the car kind of stutter under throttle? I'll bet a good hunk of money that you blew an ignition coil, I guarantee.

Yeah it did stutter, it was a plug cable.

Guest mrhobbz
They tend to get melted pretty often. look into purchasing longer wires and routing them elsewhere then the stock location.

Thanks for the tip, going to do that tomorrow :)