The Modern GTO: Import or Domestic?

Rally Pat

i consider it an import that was very slightly changed from the original platform. then rebadged and called something else. but then again GM does own holden so it kind of reminds me of how the lemans became a GTO in the 60's.

the gto and monaro's are almost identical so i dont think of it as a totally different vehicle. especially when it reminds me inside the door that it was built by holden.

Designed, engineered and built in Australia for Australians. The idea of bringing it over hear came after it was already being built. I consider it an import.

What? All 04-06 GTOs were built in Australia.

Mine is being built in the US :woowoo:

Some more food for thought. My parents had sex in Germany in a Volvo plant but gave birth to me in a Kia dealership in Montana.... What does that make me??

An german, who is black, and is very safe, but cheaply made, and fucks llama's?

Kind of reminds me of the 3000gt/Stealth.

3000gt was 100% Japanese...Stealth was a 3000gt with american bumpers and badges...still Japanese

Monaro is completely Australian except for the motor (maybe trans, i dont know too much about that) but the Australians designed it and should get full credit for what the vehicle is...therefor its Australian.

Acura's are rebadged Honda's which are designed in Japan....dont care where they assembled, they are Japanese. Same goes for Infiniti

Saturn = Opel = German

Lambo = Audi = German

Bugatti = Audi = German

Bentley = Audi = German

Mini = BMW = German

Ford Mustang = American

Ford Fiesta = British

Ford Falcon = Australia

Jaguar = Tata = Indian

Land Rover = Tata = Indian

/\ American designers / engineers were involved the way I understand it. GM is Global, Holden is Austrailian / Pontiac is American. Pretty simple. All cars are basically global as far as I'm concerned but for this argument it seems to me you only can look at the Brand and where is it HQ'd.