noise in the front of car pontiac

yellowsnake

I have a 2001 pontiac grand am gt. has 106,6xx miles on it, sounds like bairings going out in the front. get a little louder when i turn to the right by just a little bit. pretty sure its bearings but not sure where they might be on a front wheel drive and how much of a pain in the ass they would be. any wana do it for a good price??? and can lead me to where they are.

Not very hard to to do, most people don't have an axle nut socket but the rest of the tools most people have. You just happen to have one of the worst cars for wheel bearings, lots of Grand Ams, Aleros, and Malibus go through wheel bearings alot faster than most cars. So make sure you get a warranty. I'd invite you to my shop but we charge too much.

Since I can't hear exacly what you are hearing I am just going to make a few suggestions. I would rotate the tires to make sure that isn't the noise, not real likely but you should check. Then you can take the wheel bearing you took out and put it in the other side and see if that changes the noise. It's not hard to mistaken which side it is. If the noise improved it could need both sides.

I really doubt it could be a warped rotor unless it's doing mostly under braking, and even then that should just cause pulsation not noise.

Best of luck figuring this out, these things can be a real pain.