how much would a detail job like this cost...

Guest 614Streets
45 minutes on a nice car ? Yeah but when you do say a three step with clay I never did 45 minutes if the car is a used daily driver with 120 k. And by 3 step I mean 3 rounds of buffing : compounding , finesse II , and carbrite crystal for example with 3 different pads and a soap wash between each , plus wetsanding claying , and then waxing. Thats not talking windows, jams,wheels, wells, bug/tar,brushing. Now a dealer fresh up with no engine bay work and comp air/vac interior with orange rinse a good wash, glass clean , light dressing thats for me doable in 45 minutes.

There's only 1 way to settle this.

DETAIL SHOWOFF!

One can detail my car one week, and then after its dirty in a month or two, the other can do another detail. Then, we can take pictures and let CR decide.

:cool:

(Yes, these services are expected to be free)

He did a good job, but the only downfall is 3 days later the interior looked like shit. One thing I hate about our Jetta is the interior. It holds dirt like thats its job.

Wha? really? The interior is actually one of the only things i really liked about my jetta. I was really impressed with the built quality and materials used then again the car i had before this was a 00 Ford Contour ;) If you have the clothe interior i can see your point. I have black leather with black carpet, the carpet is like a fucking magnet for depris and little shit but the leather has held up great.

-Rub ass across car 3 times in a semi circular motion while playing Tupacs greatest hits... repeat if necessary-

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i89/xxtheonlyxx/Picture083-1.jpg

I have a big butt so the entire thing took me 4.5 minutes

I have a few clients that request details like that...they're also kind enough to feed me and provide me with lifts and other accomodations to make my stay as comofortable as possible. Usually split the work up over 2-3 days to get everything completed and charge $500-1000 depending on what needs done. For custom work it's $50+ an hour.

Heck, I did an engine bay detail on a '68 Shelby a couple years back that was a $350 job.

...however, on a Jetta...???

Andy

That $3K Jetta, just became a $5K Jetta :D

yeah, but it took him 4 months to do. if its purely on his free time, and he's only doing it for fun, that's one thing. by your math, that would be $6k a year that he could make aside from what he does for a living during normal work hours. not bad, but not worth it, unless he truly enjoys doing the work.

its still an incredible job none-the-less.