Speaking of recent police activity....

87GT

I came home tonight and every possible road to my house is blocked with cop cars. I stop my car and walk up to one of the officers. I see many more cop cars and a swat truck in front of my house. Cop told me there was an incident with someone a few houses behind mine. He wouldn't give me much information other then there was shooting and the guy won't leave the house. He also told me they evacuated everyone on the streets close to it. I could hear the cops a street over talking over the PA to the person in the house. I wasn't allowed to go to my house for the night.

I couldn't find anything on google news about it.

This happened on elmore ave in columbus. If you hear or read anything about this tomorrow let me know.

Found out what it was when I called the police.

Police had a call about someone committing suicide with drugs. They came over and the guy answered the door with a gun. He wouldn't come out. That is why the swat team came. This house happens to be to the first house behind my backyard. Pretty crazy.

Accros the street from the deaf church.

That area is closer to cleveland ave. :( It is only a few blocks away from my house though. There has never been cops around here since I moved here (2 years ago). You should be fine.

LOL, that whole area is pretty shaddy.

I can point out several VERY bad apartment complexes within walking distance. The kind where they are dealing drugs around the back, among other things.

This is columbus. Tell me something I don't know. :(

I grew up around this area. That stuff doesn't bother me anymore.