shipping cars

yellowsnake

I shipped one from Nevada and I found a shipping company that shipped all kinds of things. It came on a Semi with a big CAT tractor leaving just enough for the car on the back. It was like $550 about 4 yrs ago.

Off topic but: This thread reminded me of something. A long time ago a friend and I were talking and we wondered if you could overnight a car from Japan to the US. So we called FedEX. :D They directed us to their freght department and the guy there said that they couldn't do it overnight. BUT they could do 2-day air and for a 3000lb curb weight it'd be roughly $30,000.

On topic. You can get covered delivery for a bit more, but I think the most you'll pay for white-glove treatment across the country is about $2500. Makes you wonder why dealerships charge $5K+ over list for cars when you can search the country for a dealership willing to deal and have the car shipped.

$600 seems cheap from california - very cheap

$750 seems pretty cheap too

I'd guess more like $1000 to ship from cali to Ohio

always depends on time...covered or not - etc etc

able auto transport has always done me well

Depends on if you want open transport or enclosed transport. I could see $750 ish for open trailor transport.

If you want enclosed transport and proper treatment for a "special" car expect to pay $1800-2500.

I paid $1750 nearly 2 years ago now to ship a car here from Seattle. I'm guessing with fuel prices those rates have gone up a good deal.

I don't know what he would charge, but I have a buddy who does this for a living. Here is his website: http://www.movinmusclecars.com/

His name is Don. Just call him and ask for a quote. He hauls for a lot of big names. I saw Archie Griffin's Camaro in Don's garage once when I was there.

• 5 months later...

We got a wreck shipped from San Fran here for 1500. That was also 5+ years ago and the people shipping it i would not trust with anything not wrecked.

I guess it better be a damn good deal or really rare to justify getting a car shipped.

Cheapest way would be to take a long weekend vaca and drive it back.