ET Streets or MT Drag Radials

resurection

Which do you guys prefer? Been running ET Street for years. I like them, but I have been caught in the rain with them before, I know they suck. Car will mainly be a track car, but I do like to occassionaly drive on the street. I don't want to worry about getting nails or cutting a tire all of the time, but I don't think the MT drag radial will be much better.

What's the difference at the track with them? Differences in 60'?

Both have their pros and cons. I've never used the MT Drag Radials, but comparing a BFG to a ET Street will give you close to the same comparison.

BFG's will drive around MUCH better for a daily driver and handle MUCH better in turns and slightly better in the rain. Hard to say if your traction is going to suffer because it depends how fast your car currently is. If you can launch the same on the MT Drag Radials as you currently do on your ET Streets, then you will probably run a little quicker w/ the drag radials because of the stiffer sidewall not robbing power.

I daily drove ET Streets for a few summers and never put a hole in my tires. So I think whatever your going to do to put a hole in your ET Street, you'll probably do the same to the Drag Radial.

Back to traction.. If you are fast enough that you will have to be more carefull with the drag radials on the launch, then you'll not only lose time, more importantly you'll lose consistancy. I put well over 100 1/4 passes on my Z last year. 70% were on drag radials and 30% were on street tires. My average 60' on street tires were .01 faster, however I perfered to run the drag radials, because they were more consistant. I think you'd end up with the same conclusion.

If your happy with the ET Streets, I'd recommend you continue to run those keep an eye on the weather. I know how bad they are in the rain though. I've had a few 10mph drives home from trails before and a nice 70mph spin out on 315 because it started pooring and I forgot I had the tires on. :eek:

I'm in the 500-700hp range, depending if I spray or not. I don't want to lose anything at the track. I know guys run pretty hard on the MT Drag Radials, but I'm not sure if I can just do a burnout and leave at 5000 off the brake and expect to hook or not. I'll probably just stick with the ET Streets.