I need some DSM help

ODoyle

Im finally going to stop trading cars and pick up a 1992 eagle talon TSI. Is there any huge issues i need to be aware of before i jump into and find myself stuck in a car that doesnt run?

The mod list is as follows

1.pacesetter header

2.3" turbo back exhaust

3.K&N cone filter and BOV

4 a front strut tower bar

thats everything that is done with it. i drove the car and everthing seems to be in working order no smoke or funny smells..i think it needs a tensioner because it makes a god awfull noise when you first start it and when you get into higher RPM's

please let me know what you think and give me some modding ideas

LS7 swap???

If the tensioner is bad DON'T Drive it. If you don't have the 100 bucks for a new one right away, I will soon have a used one you can have for the time being. (getting ready to do a waterpump and timing change)

Though, when I had my car and the tensioner went, it made a really bad rattling like noise at idle and it stopped when I reved up the engine.

p.s. talking about timing tensioner right?

Also, for modding Here is a great upgrade patch http://www.dsmtuners.com/sub.php?page=1gtupgrades

I plan on starting first, with getting the car running and all basic maintance done, that should be a good first mod.

Then I plan on boost guage (not really a mod but a good idea) Aircan hack mods, exhaust and boost controler.

im not sure exactly where its coming from but it makes a screech like the power steering when you first turn it on after it sits for a minute is goes away and it drives fine after that,i have a boost gauge from my old lancer and a boost controller i think im going to wait on because i dont plan on racing a car that has a bad rep for breaking this is just a DD

Im going to post i new intro in the oven since i dont think i ever have before and there will be tons of pictures in there

thanks for all the info

and yes i have a rather large tool box i got for X-mas it even has wheels

T case?? transfer case?? its FWD so there isnt one of those..everything else is good no leaks or anything of that nature blow off valve is super loud though he said its venting to the atmosphere and not being diverted back into the flow of things so that will need changed other than that its a clean car for the age thanks for all the help guys i really appreciate it..hopefully you can all see it at QS&L this year\

im picking it up tomarrow after i get the cash from the bank pics will be up shortly after

T case?? transfer case?? its FWD so there isnt one of those..everything else is good no leaks or anything of that nature blow off valve is super loud though he said its venting to the atmosphere and not being diverted back into the flow of things so that will need changed other than that its a clean car for the age thanks for all the help guys i really appreciate it..hopefully you can all see it at QS&L this year\

im picking it up tomarrow after i get the cash from the bank pics will be up shortly after

Venting the BOV isnt a big deal