anyone been to marcella's?

black00ws6

I have been there several times, it's a good place for pizza. A little on the pricey side unless you have good taste. I don't mean that to insult anyone, if Donato's does it for you then thats fine, but if you enjoy good salads and pizza this is a great place to have dinner.

So family style dishes? My wife and I are seeing Stomp sunday and we were thinking about going there before. Choices are Latitude 41, rosendales or marcellas.

no the portions are fairly small, each person has to order like 2 things, but then you are supposed to share i guess. It is weird. but the food is really good

we weren't impressed. it isn't family style at all. the way they work is whenever your item is made first, you get it. so if you order a salad, a pizza, and a chicken whatever, you might get the pizza first, then the salad, then the chicken whatever. that wasnt the bad part...the food just sucked! there are much better places downtown, imo.

tom

I'd not recommend going there... For italian food, they've done a shitty job. Italain food is all about portions & bold taste, you will find niether at marcellas... Carrabas is much better.

Portion size is a strictly *American* specialty.

• Upvote 1

Portion size is a strictly *American* specialty.

Man, when I was a kid all those years of family dinners I had that were prepared second generation Italian/Americans must of been a figment of my imagination. Thanks for clearing this up...