noob, signing in!

Ry_Trapp01647545522

whats up people? im ryan, and, although i drive a 93' geo beater(its a tracker, so at least its not a 3 banger!), i love all forms of racing. i plan on getting my A & P license so i can work on aircraft, then either getting an 05+ mustang for some road racing action, or a jeep cherokee/ford ranger to put a long travel suspension under. either way, the gas prices arent leaning in my favor!
  • Upvote 3

Check out Rx8club.com, ohiorotaries, racing beat, mazdatrix. They handle great out of the box. Lots of people raved about the handling. Personally, if I was going for performance, an FB or FC RX-7 is just as good, and cheaper, and you won't feel bad modifying it.

ive been reading quite a bit on RX8club, lots of info. i would like to have an RX7, but i need a back seat. im usually hauling my niece and nephew or my friends somewhere, so a back seat is a neccesity. it will probably be about a year, if not longer, before im planning on getting a new vehicle though, so i have plenty of time to think about my choices.

IIRC, some FC's (86-92) came with back seats...but they were tiny. Gime an IM if you have any questions about them, always willing to talk about rotaries. Welcome, take things lightly around here and have a good since of humor. You'll go far.

whats up people? im ryan, and, although i drive a 93' geo beater(its a tracker, so at least its not a 3 banger!), i love all forms of racing. i plan on getting my A & P license so i can work on aircraft, then either getting an 05+ mustang for some road racing action, or a jeep cherokee/ford ranger to put a long travel suspension under. either way, the gas prices arent leaning in my favor!

Welcome to CR.

Just go ahead and start cutting on the Geo! I have a buddy who has a hacked up Tracker/Crawler with the best approach and departure angles I have ever seen. Scary thing is he runs stock axles :eek:

i've also been looking at used RX8s. it's too bad that they dont have as many hardcore suspension pieces in the aftermarket as mustangs.

Thats because they don't need them. Mazda's stock suspension in the RX line are second only to Porsche (when comparing large scale production vehicles, in stock trim) in road handling.

Welcome Noob!

thanks guys! i would turn the tracker into a mean light weight off roader, but its only a 2WD and i dont have a garage at the moment(that really sucks). hell, the 2WDs are said to weigh about 2100lbs, so you dont need a whole lot of axle under them, lol.

didn't know that about the RXs, i always just figured the 8 wasnt as popular with the aftermarket compared to a lot of cars or something.

hey STi, where do you work at? i might have seen your subie around here.

Guest mrhobbz
Check out Rx8club.com, ohiorotaries, racing beat, mazdatrix. They handle great out of the box. Lots of people raved about the handling. Personally, if I was going for performance, an FB or FC RX-7 is just as good, and cheaper, and you won't feel bad modifying it.

Humor? This is the internet, too serious for humor!

Welcome noob.