Pinnacle PC TV to Go HD

Nitrousbird

Here's the deal; I purchased this with the intent of comparing to to my current Slingbox A/V.

I overall like this better than my Slingbox, but two factors have made me decide to keep the Slingbox instead; factors that won't impact 90% of users: doesn't have Palm viewing software, and though it has better remote controls for my 400 disc DVD changer, it can't bring up the disc folder.

Compared to the Slingbox, the playback software isn't as pretty, but works well. It isn't nearly the system resource hog Slingplayer is.

My house is wired in CAT5, so I've never tested the wireless feature. I've tested all of the inputs...works well. IR blasters work great too. The recording feature is awesome; I spent today capturing VHS movies, and burned them to DVD; picture quality was a good as playback from the VCR itself.

The unit was a mis-boxed item, and came with a Euro-spec power plug, so I bought a correct power supply for it, which of course I'm including. In perfect condition, basically brand-new condition.

As for logging into outside my network, I never even tried; I normally don't use my Slingbox for that either. No reason there should be any issue with doing so; setup is similar to my Slingbox.

Specs:

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/PCTV+Tuners/PCTV+Analog_Digital+PVR/PCTV+To+Go+HD+Wireless.htm

Price: $100

Yes, it will hook up to your DVR AND control all the DVR functions.

Bandwidth wise, it's all about upload. If you have a connection with 512k up or better, you will have a decent picture (at least w/ my Slingbox...I'd assume the same for this).