2005 Cts-v

kirks5oh

guys,

my co-worker is looking at a 2005 CTS-V at carmax right now as we speak. its got 40k miles on it, and is a manual. i'm assuming its got the 400hp ls6 in it??

they're asking $26k. how much do you think he can talk them down?? aren't these the ones with the 'glass jaw' rear end?? anything else he should look for??

fuck, now i definately have to tune my GTO.

thanks

kirk

Guest mrhobbz
guys,

my co-worker is looking at a 2005 CTS-V at carmax right now as we speak. its got 40k miles on it, and is a manual. i'm assuming its got the 400hp ls6 in it??

they're asking $26k. how much do you think he can talk them down?? aren't these the ones with the 'glass jaw' rear end?? anything else he should look for??

fuck, now i definately have to tune my GTO.

thanks

kirk

Other things he should look for..... Another cts-v at a better "dealership."

kelley blue book----private party is 27,700, with 40k miles, fully loaded, like the one he's looking at.

cars.com/autotrader.com have some with comparable mileage for around $28-29k

seems like a decent deal, especially if it has the 5yr, 100k warranty

we're checking a carfax, etc. etc.

Were the 05's the ones with the weak rear ends?

i can't remember. anyways, he bought it. i went over and he took me for a spin in it. pretty impressed with the ride, power, amenities, etc. car needs detailed badly, but other than that, looks great. he got the slate grayish blue color. i know he could have gotten a better deal, but he doesn't have the time to look all over, at multiple cars, etc. etc.

that being said, he needs to get the car inspected by a reputable shop. who would be good??

Were the 05's the ones with the weak rear ends?

If he has any issues with the rearend, take it to the dealer and bitch. They will put in the 06' rear which is much better than the 04-05. I had mine replaced twice, oops.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh152/evil8/BlackCaddy.jpg?t=1207015758

If he has any issues with the rearend, take it to the dealer and bitch. They will put in the 06' rear which is much better than the 04-05. I had mine replaced twice, oops.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh152/evil8/BlackCaddy.jpg?t=1207015758

thanks

incredible picture

lol, i will never get tired of that pic, haha

you know, I am thinking of trading my bimmer in on a cts-v

(maybe have 2 lsx cars :D )

Now is the time to do it... They are in the low 20's. All you have to do is look cross-eyed at an LS motor and they make more power..

Buy it. You won't be sorry.

Run the rear end thats in it til it dies (it will, mine is whining from the years of abuse I've inflicted on it, but nothing a stereo cant fix) - and then get yourself an 06 rear end.

Good luck getting the dealership to just "give" you an 06 rearend. But even if you pony up for it, added to the price you're paying you're getting a hell of a car.