Car won't start. Just cranks

Buck531

Wife went to fire up the Regal LS today. Just cranks and doesn't turn over.

I have fuel and spark.

Changed ICM. Coils look good.

Car ran fine up until Saturday. She parked it, sat all day Sunday and tried ot get it to go to day.

Checked EVERY fuse in the car. All good.

Unplugged the maf.

Hooked up the PT. No codes, looked at RPM's and it gets to about 200-300 when cranking so the CPS is working.

No mods on the car. 100% stock.

Plugs look fine but are a little fouled due to starting it all day. Wires and plugs are less than 6 months old.

Tried the resistor trick and I don't think it matters since it's an L36 and only has one speed.

Anything else I'm overlooking?

Guest 78novaman

Any firing at all? Did you give it any throttle while cranking? IAC may be broken.

I suck the only other advise I can give is to start unplugging sensors one at a time, cranking, and then plug it back in. Maybe the MAF and then the O2?

Guest 614Streets
Module ok ? Should be if you have spark. Whats fuel pressure? Is there an aftermarket securtiy system on the car? Vats ok in the key? Nothing with start fluid?

Module ok ? Should be if you have spark. Whats fuel pressure? Is there an aftermarket securtiy system on the car? Vats ok in the key? Nothing with start fluid?

replaced the ICM

Not sure on FP. Dave and Derek will be here shortly to see.

Negative on the aftermarket security.

Vats seems fine. no security light

Did not try starting fluid.. do not have any :(.

Yeah that was my guess too. I took out the fuel pump today and hooked it up to a battery and it took off running spitting the remaining fuel all over the garage.

Just took out the plugs. They were wet. Cleaned 'em off and threw them back in and no change.

We'll see about the fuel pump with the gauge.

Fucking bullshit. Derek and Dave came over last night and had it figured out in 5 fucking minutes.

The bottom 3 wires on the coil packs were arcing on each other. It was like a spark orgy.

Thanks D & D :).

I hate when simple shit kicks my ass too.

/Very easy to overlook when your mad because your car won't start.

Not only that, I just never had another set of hands. Kinda hard to crank the car and check the wires/coils that are on the passenger front side :).

Another thing that sucks. The warranty on the Autolites. Advance didn't have another set in stock and I didn't feel like driving across town to get another set so I bought the cheap ass x-act ones or whatever.

Fuck it.. it runs.

• Upvote 1

you should have just put the can of pb blaster in the glove box and showed her where to spray whenever the car wouldn't start :)

those xact wires are ok (gp sorenson stuff) and still have the lifetime warranty

sorry we got out there so late it was kind of a long/rough day

The pump is pretty damn quiet so it's hard to hear it even if it runs. Fuel filter.. yeah. I don't think teh filter would work one day and completely be clogged the next.

fucking FWD gm cars! ugh.