Two for Tuesday woot off!

T Rex

I LOLed. But don't they usually have smartass, often derisive product descriptions on there? Yesterday they spent like 4 paragraphs lamenting a $9 mp3 player and finished with the line "buy one for your kid, to teach them the lesson that life craps on everybody eventually"

Battered

How do we love thee, Black & Decker CP120B 20 Watt Power Backup Battery Pack? Let us count the ways:

P is for portable power, to run and recharge your mobile devices anywhere!

I is for the insightful instruction manual, which advises the user to “Watch what you are doing” and “Use common sense”. Thanks, guys!

E is for explosion hazard! Some of this unit’s components tend to produce arcs or sparks!

C is for combustion hazard! Storing the Pocket Power pack at temperatures over 170F for over two hours may cause fire!

E is for electrical shock hazard! Disassemble this unit at your own risk!

O is for overload protection, which isn’t all that funny, come to think of it!

F is for free drawstring carrying bag, because you don’t want to be like those other losers carrying their battery packs right out in the open!

S is for sine wave, which this unit produces but does not properly filter, possibly causing buzzing sounds through nearby stereo systems!

H is for hype like “up to 5 hours of usage”, which is meaningless since they don’t specify which devices can run that long!

I is for iPhone, which (near as we can tell) you can’t charge with the USB jacks on this! The AC jack should still work, though!

T is for trademark! After Black & Decker spent decades making their name synonymous with high-quality power tools, now they’ll apparently slap it on any old piece of junk!

I am hopeing for a Bluetooth headset to come up. I got my last set of them from woot and they worked great. That is untill mine was stolen from my car this past Sunday night when someone broke into my car. I would feel bad taking my wifes since she talks on her cell phone more than I do.