nitrious guys

99ta

I don't think your ignorant at all. I was just wondering. always looking for different places to come hang out and find safe places to race. how far is that from chillicothe?

and don't worry about corysmach1, hes my brother and we have quite the rivalry....ls1>mach1:cool:

Mach 1> LS-1. Fixed it 4 ya.

What you need to do is grab a wide band if you dont have one already. Just watch your a/f when on the spray. I would be more worried about a soleniod sticking open or the fuel soleniod failing before I would about the switch. If you dont have a wide band, grab one of IPS aem wide bands, the switch, and then go spray the guts out of that car. And since it is just a 100 shot, if it were some how not to work, I highly doubt it wouldnt, but lets say it didnt, and you see your car goin lean on the wide band just get out of it, a 100 shot isnt goin to hurt your car, even at stock timing.

Is this true for Stangs (2001 GT)? I was runing a wet 100 shot on stoc tune and bolt ons. And more tahn a few people said it was bad and I shouldnt be runing any thing over a 50 shot on stock tune. Any guys with good knowledge of Mustangs able to help.

MSD also sells a device for the LSx cars, called the Timing Twister.

Allows for ignition advance, wire activated step retard, and MAP sensor retard (for forced induction).

You simply hook it up to the wire activated side, and either have it retard when you arm the system, or when the system is activated.

I have a Hyfire IV on my car, and activated the retard when the nitrous system was in use, so I was never retarding the timing N/A.

Is this true for Stangs (2001 GT)? I was runing a wet 100 shot on stoc tune and bolt ons. And more tahn a few people said it was bad and I shouldnt be runing any thing over a 50 shot on stock tune. Any guys with good knowledge of Mustangs able to help.

Dont know about mustangs, this is for ls1 cars.

I don't think your ignorant at all. I was just wondering. always looking for different places to come hang out and find safe places to race. how far is that from chillicothe?

and don't worry about corysmach1, hes my brother and we have quite the rivalry....ls1>mach1:cool:

not sure how far away u are, im sure its over 2-3 hours, but hey, like i said im gona come up there for a weekend and i'll be sure to let the local f bodies up there know, there seems to be a large amount, and they aren't pussy ones either. lol

You pull timing to guard against detonation. To much timing is only one thing in the equation of detonation. To hot a plug, fuel with to low an octane or to much timing or a combination of the above. Dont want to pull timing use race gas, want to run pump gas pull lots of timing. It really makes sense to take a balanced aproach. Pull timing run a cooler plug and an increased octane. Anyone that didnt pull timing on a 175 shot (and got away with it) has the wrong N/A tune

Is this how the, "box" pulls timing? Are these also made in house? How much do they cost?

Without recalibrating the PCM, yes. The other option would be to fool the IAT sensor, which only would give about 3° of timing retard. Jeff will need to further clarify.

Telling lies to your engine management is never a good thing, it only leads to more lies. Not to mention, crank sensor input (RPM) is used in about 99% of the control loops....