08 Civic Si CAI recommendations

ElPurtre6886

I have had my si since last october and am looking to put a CAI on it. I have read and heard numerous things. I have heard that a short ram is no good because it might be taking in even hotter air than the stock intake leading to a hp loss. The best thing i have seen so far and have been told about it the Injen. The gains look pretty good and i hear that its suppose to make the engine, especially VTEC louder. My only worry is the possibility of drowning the engine. I have only heard one case of this from a friend who accidently hit a massive puddle. He said it drove home but didnt drive great. I guess he got the water out to problem. But i would rather not have to worry about. If anyone has some feedback or another suggestion please let me know. Much thanks.
  • Upvote 1

Purdy...just listen to me...INJEN INJEN INJEN!

I'll second that for sure!!

We see the best gains on the reflashed SI with the injen intake.

I can understand the concern with the water issue, but it is not a common issue at all. For you to hydo lock the motor you are going to almost submirge the filter. Plus on the new SI the bumper/fenderliner keep it petty well covered, so you would have to hit some high standing water. Which no matter if you have a CAI or not is not safe to driver thru. Figure the filter sits in the middle of the corner of the bumper, that's what 12" to 18" approx. from the ground to the middle of the filter.

Joshua

SlowMotion Motorsports