Moving a shed

Sully

It's about 10 feet away. I was thinking about pulling it w/ the truck, but I think it would fall apart. It's a little old, but I don't have the funds to build a new one. I may just try to roll it on some round pipes.

I was hoping to have someone w/ a forklift move it. It would be soooo much easier that way. And I don't think the shed would fall apart then.

Unless you've got a good surface to drive on a forklift would just get itself stuck. Bobcat would do it pretty well. Pulling it with a truck would work, but you'd need rollers of some sort or at the very least skis.

TIP: Make skis out of 2 4x4 boards. Then put another 4x4 across the front of it down low connected to the skis. Then attach chain and pull it all you want. All the force of the pulling will be down on the skis and well below the center of gravity so you'll get maximum pulling effort right were you want it.

If its on grass you might need either an extremely heavy duty (for the weight) truck or a very capable truck/jeep with offroad tires to even get traction this time of year. Or just use a winch or your yard will be destroyed by spinning street tires.

Evan

Unless you've got a good surface to drive on a forklift would just get itself stuck. Bobcat would do it pretty well. Pulling it with a truck would work, but you'd need rollers of some sort or at the very least skis.

TIP: Make skis out of 2 4x4 boards. Then put another 4x4 across the front of it down low connected to the skis. Then attach chain and pull it all you want. All the force of the pulling will be down on the skis and well below the center of gravity so you'll get maximum pulling effort right were you want it.

If its on grass you might need either an extremely heavy duty (for the weight) truck or a very capable truck/jeep with offroad tires to even get traction this time of year. Or just use a winch or your yard will be destroyed by spinning street tires.

Evan

+1

a bobcat w/ forktruck extensions would be perfect for this job. Now, if you dont know anybody who can lend you one or borrow for cheap then I would do what was mentioned above w/ the skis outta 2x4's. pretty good idea. just watch tearing up your yard bud

Evan

This is a great idea!! I will give it a shot. Thanks.