• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm pat I'm riding along the rx7 lol

Ben if u need extra weight leme know I heard ur car was bad ass at autox

Aj I wanna ride!!!

Lol anyone cool with that

I dun care, Pat and I are co driving so it'll be a nice little fire drill.

Somebody posted it a while back, but where can I get magnetic numbers?

Magnetic numbers can be a terrible idea. I used them on my car, 6 months after my last waxing. The autox day was rainy, and when I pulled the magnets off (about 20 hrs later) a hazy water mist was permanently embedded in my clearcoat.

Maybe it's a SAAB thing, but I would not recommend magnetic numbers. IF you use them, make sure:

-your car has been recently waxed

-it is not raining

-you don't mind paying $$$ to have a door panel buffed or resprayed

-you take the magnets off AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

I'm back to masking tape, but if you're still interested in the magnets, try Dick Blick on Sawmill. They sell large rolls of magnetic sheeting that you can cut down.

^What he says. When you get to the event ask about them and you'll get directed to the right people, I'm bringing mine tomorrow to get new numbers put on.

I've used magnets and have no issues, the previous owner used them on the Laser and there are no marks on the paint, though it is almost 19 year old paint. Good magnets will stay on in any weather as long as you put them on a dry surface, Ray has never lost his at HPDE. You do want to take them off asap so you don't end up with tan lines, but otherwise don't listen to Ed as it IS a Saab thing!!

^What he says. When you get to the event ask about them and you'll get directed to the right people, I'm bringing mine tomorrow to get new numbers put on.

I've used magnets and have no issues, the previous owner used them on the Laser and there are no marks on the paint, though it is almost 19 year old paint. Good magnets will stay on in any weather as long as you put them on a dry surface, Ray has never lost his at HPDE. You do want to take them off asap so you don't end up with tan lines, but otherwise don't listen to Ed as it IS a Saab thing!!

Sweet. I got some painter's tape for tomorrow then I'll ask about that. Thanks Ben.

Also, what time do the people who registered online usually show up?

I prefer not to be rushed, since I don't have to change tires or do anything to the car I plan on being there around 8am. Gives me ample time to check in, tech, and walk the course a couple times.

Dress warm and we are likely going to have some sprinkles and such. See you guys in the morning!!

It was lots of fun today. I managed a 62 something on my last run, which ended up being my fastest time. Well, there was one time when Paul was riding along that I think I drove a little faster, but I didn't look at the time.

Personally I think I did OK in a car I don't drive very often.

I didn't care about times today. Shaking the rust off, getting seat time, and having a little fun (especially in the afternoon).

but damn was it cold!

And street tires were the smart option today-laziness paid off!

Guest Kidneyboy

I ended out the day with a 53.902. Ran a couple of mid 54s also [54.4, 54.7]

VERY happy with the new suspension and the all seasons worked well too!

Despite feeling like crap today, I had fun. The timing things were down during my runs, but I was probably slow as hell anyway. :(

I even hit the rev limiter in first. :o

The weather is looking a lot nicer next week, so that shall be fun!

Neat fact of the day: I was chatting with the older dude in the newer green Mini, and apparently he traded my current car in for the car he was driving. Same color and everything. Complete chaos. :cool:

Or appearance automotive makes purpose built ones you can buy.

I also forgot to ask about this. Do they have a number I can call or a website?

Despite feeling like crap today, I had fun. The timing things were down during my runs, but I was probably slow as hell anyway. :(

The weather is looking a lot nicer next week, so that shall be fun!

Neat fact of the day: I was chatting with the older dude in the newer green Mini, and apparently he traded my current car in for the car he was driving. Same color and everything. Complete chaos. :cool:

What number were you? I assume GS?

Despite the cold and rain I managed to stay dry at least. My old wreck only managed a 57.4 best which I had beat my 3rd run if it weren't for drifting out on turn 3 and taking 3 cones out with my driver door!!

AJ, vette looked good and though it may not have the hp of the Camaro it IS a faster car on the track!!

Joe, that thing really picked up some speed, you have that car on the right track for sure!!!

Mike was there taking pictures today in the morning, they are usually up within a week. He came out even though he wasn't racing and braved the rain and cold so when you see him in his yellow C6 Z06 tell him thanks!!

Despite the cold and rain I managed to stay dry at least. My old wreck only managed a 57.4 best which I had beat my 3rd run if it weren't for drifting out on turn 3 and taking 3 cones out with my driver door!!

AJ, vette looked good and though it may not have the hp of the Camaro it IS a faster car on the track!!

maybe you should put some dynamat on the doors, those cones were loud when they hit lol.

remember your helmet if you don't run next weekend so you can go for a ride with me. i am hopeing it is dry, i really want to see how the car handles with some better traction.

Guest Kidneyboy
Joe, that thing really picked up some speed, you have that car on the right track for sure!!!

Seems like it. The past few weeks of work have paid off! I cant wait to get back on the R cmpounds next weekend [knock on wood]