nitrous help

Korpy1647545521

I have a 95 5.0 mustang gt, and im thinking about spraying it but this is my daily driver so i was going to see what you guys think would be the best shot to run to have minimum worries about breaking but also putting a little bit of power down. thanks for the help

Not sure about the sn95 5.0s but since the fox bodies switched from forged to hypereutenic in 93 I would bet they are hyper pistons run the best gas you can get.

Make sure you pull some timing- put a set of colder plugs in it and I wouldn't go over 100 to the wheels-

If stick shift a window switch is needed as well as a wot switch of some sort- the automatic tps switches are the most reliable as the microswitches can stick- also a fuel pressure safety switch, and some nice line filters.

You are also going to want a thermostatic bottle heater, nitrous pressure gauge, a bottle blanket if stored in hatch, and a purge if you want any consistency at all... oh yeah plan on rebuilding the solenoids at least annually if not every six months for piece of mind and 40.00/bottle for a refill that will last you 3-5 passes in the quarter mile. Also- get ready to become addicted to it- speed shops love the nitrous junkies as the car feels so slow in comparison you are always on the button.

- oh yeah start saving for stickier tires and then a new clutch.

If you are going to want to use it on the street- which I don't recommend- you will probably need a remote bottle opener as well that are expensive and leak losing expensive nitrous- and just get ready to hover as traction is near impossible with any rear gear and street tires as the torque is not linear and unreal with nitrous.

Don't want to rain on your parade but nitrous done correctly is not cheap or easy. I had a dry kit on my LT1 Formula and was not a big fan at all I even complicated things further with a jacobs nitrous mastermind because I was paranoid-

From another forum tacky but fitting analogy- "nitrous is like a smoking hot chick with an std- you want to hit it but are afraid of the consquences".

I am MUCH happier with my top end kit or the blower- maybe a tad more expensive in the beginning but so worth it.