Looking for a band

Chad is Dead

It's always been something I really wanted to do...I want to start a band.......but I can't play any instruments and don't have a magnificent voice but wanna start a weird kinda band......kind of like Radiohead and another band I've been recently obsessed over is Carbon Carousel. You can check them out at http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=69896237&MyToken=8abed22c-bf16-4d26-8280-63a5e118dcc6

I know this might seem like a weird topic but I really want to express myself and just want some people to mess around musically with.

• Upvote 1

Clark (Jelloman), Eric (nther91), and I are starting a band called the 300pounders. Eric is on spoons, Clark will be on drum maching and I will make random techno sounds. Are you fat enough?

sorry sir...i am not even breaking 170..........my loss, i suppose

sorry sir...i am not even breaking 170..........my loss, i suppose

the skinny white boy quota for rappers has been filled by eminem, so unless you feel like assassinating him, a non-instrument playing, non-singer like yourself should probably just join the blue man group

More of the stuff I play is acoustic, so I probably wouldn't be able to offer very much in terms of an electronic track. But also keep in mind, that you don't have to be the greatest singer to enjoy making music. If it's something that gives you a release, then go for it. I'd encourage anyone to do something like this if it's something they enjoy.

I like playing my guitar attached to a Kaoss pad.

Get a kaoss pad, attach it to a source of music and go to town. Like what the Go! Team did, sampling a lot of different stuff.

What is a Kaoss pad? And if you can still play anything I'm down to sit down and just try to make up something....i'm not trying to get big....and timtaylor I totally understand about not being the greatest singer...because if I thought I was a good singer I would of never posted this. I want to bring do a mix of indie/hip hop/ experimental/just random type shit.

It sounds to me like you are into electronic music. You can do a lot with electronic music. I highly recommend getting a Mac if you plan to get serious with it. You could start learning programs such as MaxMSP or Logic. I suggest starting out on GarageBand(Mac only...I think) and working up to Logic. Max is VERY detailed and requires a lot of time.

10sec93, it's a shame that I dont live in Columbus. I fit the requirements and am decent on bass :D

ehh im not really into electronic music at all......i'm more of a hip hop/rock kid.....but don't think I would be good at rock and I can't make beats for a chill ass hip hop beat.....I've written a couple spoken words and think I could transfer it to a weird kinda band. I would also love to do some hip hop shit but it seems like everyone I talk to about getting a beat wants some money to go with it. So ya, anyone got beats? I'm into the mellow midwestern old school type shit..none of the crunk or killa shit.