Dumb Drivers

99FLHRCI

So I am laying in bed last night and I hear something slam into something else right in front of my house. I jump up and look out my window. Some :asshole: ricer pulled into my driveway and hit my girlfriend's car. Now he is proceeding to try and shove it further towards the house. I run out the door as he is taking off. I run back inside grab the keys and holler for my g/f to call the cops. I catch up to the guy a little ways up the street coming out of a parking lot. My guess is he was drunk sped up to the dark parking lot switched seats with the passanger and was headed back to his house. I turn around and start following him as I dial the cops. I end up following him into Mill Valley (a mega subdivision). He turns left and just flat out punches it. Due to the fact that I had his plate and the fact that I wasn't going to risk any innocents to try and keep up with him, he got out my site. I run into a cop in the subdivision looking for the car. We both go seperate ways looking for the guy. I get a call to come back to the house. Hoping that the cop has found the guy I go home. I get there and he has taken a witness statement from my g/f who didn't see anything and is finishing up his summary for his report later. He tells me all he can do at this point is write a report. He says "Usually it is some young kid and in the next couple days his parents will come in to make a report that his car was hit and we should be able to tie the 2 cases together." At this point I am furious, I HAVE HIS PLATE NUMBER. I described this kids car down to the rusty AZ tip exiting only one side of his body kit with dual cutouts for exhaust. I described the passangers clothing, the make, model, color, etc. etc. All they can do is take a report?!?! My dad was a cop and my brother is a cop but, ever since I have moved here (Ohio) I have ran into more lazy/bad apple cops than I had ever hoped existed in the world. I get on CR and read about people getting tickets in their driveway for parking and yet a hit skip with a plate number is only worth a report?! WTF?!

Sorry it has been a long weekend capped by BS and retarded people.

/rant

+1

Yea the cops in ohio for the most point are f'ing useless. In something like your situation they are lazy and dont care, so they dont pursue the case... but then sometimes they write stupid tickets like at speed traps like I got a ticket in November for 71 in 60 right as it changed from 65 - 60..

any way the cops are useless when you need them.

That sucks and is horseshit. I chases a guy down the highway in Texas after he drunkenly hit AND removed my buddy's car door. With my description of the car and a license plate number, they found what town he was in and apprehended him within the week.

Dunno about all Ohio cops, but the one who helped you earlier was being a bit lazy.

So if you have his plate number then you can find his information and address. Im not saying do anything illegal or brash but you can at least confront him about it and pressure him to fix the damage to your girlfriends car.

Somehow, I don't see that working out too well.

So if you have his plate number then you can find his information and address. Im not saying do anything illegal or brash but you can at least confront him about it and pressure him to fix the damage to your girlfriends car.

How do I go about getting the information? I would love to have his name and address to give to my insurance agent. They don't want to even come look at it until the police decide what the end result will be.

the marysville police are a joke, I just had a situation where this guy slammed his car into mine and lied to the officer about what happened. He said I was passing him on an off ramp (33 and 245) while going around a curve going 50mph, blowing through a stop sign, and just about losing control of my car. from the damage to my car you could see he was at fault but the cop would not let me tell what happened. let me know what kind of car they were driving and i will keep an eye out

Don't short yourself... go to the Police Station (district that you filed the report, (if you got the officers name, or a case number, present it), DONT LEAVE UNTIL YOU HAVE ANSWERS, which usually means talking with a captain or even chief.

Don't short yourself... go to the Police Station (district that you filed the report, (if you got the officers name, or a case number, present it), DONT LEAVE UNTIL YOU HAVE ANSWERS, which usually means talking with a captain or even chief.

+1

Cops are complete hit and miss in the Columbus area. The only times I got pulled over were both in the same week, one from driving through a closed intersection, the other for "68" (Cruise was set at 65, GPS verified) in a 55 at 3am after missing the exit to 270 on 161, and right after the speed limit changed. Got verbal warnings for both. So that was the hit part.

The miss part: My car got hit in the parking lot of work (Pickerington) by a motorcycle. Filed a police report, and the dumbass that hit me hit me hard enough to leave a lot of parts of his motorcycle in the parking spot/attached to my car. From the parts we knew the make, model, year, paint code, and county it was registered in. I even remembered seeing the guy walk in and found him and the people he was with on the security tapes. Cops did absolutly nothing.

Best part was my insurance which was supposed to cover it under uninsured/underinsured motorist protection did not. It even had a clause in the policy "If the insured vehicle is legally parked and unoccupied, any damages will be covered", bla bla bla, and followed by a clause that says that the insuree will not have to pay the deductable, it will also be covered.

WTF? We almost immediately switched from allstate to Geico. Insurance agent was also a doosh and got into a 30min debate with my mom about politics, which she told me she felt "battered" after his tirade about whatever the hell he was going on about. Dumbass. Stay away from Jim Nugent with Allstate in stoneridge on Morse if you are looking at insurance... (Off-topic, I know ;) )

Edit: I fail at spelling :)

TJ sorry I ended up giving you the wrong car! lol I happen to drive by it 2 times, and thought to myself this has to be it, what made it seem to be the right car, it was also sitting outside a nationwide insurance company.

No problem. Thank you for keeping an eye out for the car. I haven't had any luck with the police and the Captain leaves before I get home. Friday I have the day off so I am going in. I went ahead and called my insurance so they could investigate. My claim agent ran the plate number for me. It comes back to a Chevy truck registered in Troy, OH. :( Looks like I may not find the driver. My claims agent is in NE OH so I doubt she will bother going to the address listed for the truck and seeing if they have a Prelude. I would assume that is who it was because the car had front and rear tags. $250 deductible looks like it will be coming out of my toy money. I do not know if it even worth fixing. It doesn't look like much but all the rear panels/trunk lid don't line up right and the exhaust is damaged. It already had damage to the driver's side where a Durango with no insurance hit it. I may just sell the car and use my toy money to get a new car for her. :( It has 128k and has already had the motor replaced once. It needs the front bearings done for the 3rd time (lifetime warranty just annoying to do every 2 yrs). The cooling fan needs replaced (noisey, bearings going bad). There is also always a coolant smell but it isn't losing coolant and it holds pressure.