Where can I buy hay?

Putty

You dont want Hay you want Straw. Hay is the first cut, Straw is the Second cut. Being its second cut its cheaper.

My Hay man is out right now or I'd give you his number. Drive out into the country a little and ask someone out there.

Hay is long grass, and used for feeding animals. Straw is wheat stalk, and used for bedding and on grass. Geesh

You want straw.

If it were me (and it was last year X 5 acres) I wouldn't use hay/straw. If its a small area just rake the soil up, plant seed, rake again to stir it all up and water every few days if we don't get rain. You'll have mowable grass there in a few weeks and no crappy straw all over the area for years. My parents put straw down on their yard, 3 acres around 10 years ago and you can still see the dead stuff mixed in with the dirt in a lot of places.

On my property I just spread the seed then dragged a old chain link fence over the whole area with my tractor to mix it up. Grass is growing nicely.

Evan

Hay is long grass, and used for feeding animals. Straw is wheat stalk, and used for bedding and on grass. Geesh

You want straw.

lol... plus good hay is seeded to keep the bad shit out of it

You want straw.

Werd. I was always under the assumption that hay was alfalfa grass, and knew that straw was what's left after they harvest the wheat.

Werd. I was always under the assumption that hay was alfalfa grass, and knew that straw was what's left after they harvest the wheat.

That would be alfalfa hay, there is also timothy and a few other kinds (clover etc)

Alfalfa is high performance hay and timothy is your run of the mill hay... clover is cheap hay

I got a bale from Ohio Mulch yesterday for $5.99....Had to sit in that traffic for that restaurant fire to get it though....that PISSED me off! I put it where I needed and got a half bale left!

I need 1 bale to cover a few patches in the yard. Anyone know where I can buy?

For future reference, I would try Cashmans off route 42. They specialize in horse feed and supplies and I'm sure would be able to take care of you.

If I remember correctly, it should be a bit closer to your house too...

-Marc

Well I was going to debate the qualities of Hay and Straw with (didnt look at the poster) a few up. Only becuase I know about clover and the likes. Then decided it wasnt worth my time.

So I edited my post within the minute time span and just put "Hmm"

me?

we have bailed hay and had horses my whole life... i definitely know hay

wow im just gonna sit here and keep my mouth shut.

(live on a 140 acre farm that produces hay and straw.. and own a feed store that sells it mwahahaha)

nothing i have said is wrong...

clover is too hard on the horses kidneys

I know what I am talking about