I bought a house!!

SchmuckGirl

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buying is always a better move then renting' date=' now you can start earning equity......[/quote']

What's this E.Q.U.I.T.Y you speak of white man?!? :confused:

Those days are loonng gone right now. That's old economy thinkin'. Welcome to the new millenium.....or as I like to call it, even though we can't fully see it yet....GDII....the Great Depression II. I think she said she paid $11 grand LESS for it than what the previous owners had bought it for :eek:

We've been in our house for almost a decade, and need to upsize badly, but I'm guessin' we'll be lucky to make anything on it with the way things are goin' now.

Definitley a GREAT time though for first time buyers who don't have to worry about sellin' their current home for down payment, get steals on prices, and looowwww interest rates! It's a triple score

Got a lawnmower?

No, I'm going to have to buy ALL the lawn equipment, tools, etc, that I have never needed up til now.... There is a new line in my budget to save for 'misc house stuff'

What's this E.Q.U.I.T.Y you speak of white man?!? :confused:

Those days are loonng gone right now. That's old economy thinkin'. Welcome to the new millenium.....or as I like to call it, even though we can't fully see it yet....GDII....the Great Depression II. I think she said she paid $11 grand LESS for it than what the previous owners had bought it for :eek:

We've been in our house for almost a decade, and need to upsize badly, but I'm guessin' we'll be lucky to make anything on it with the way things are goin' now.

Definitley a GREAT time though for first time buyers who don't have to worry about sellin' their current home for down payment, get steals on prices, and looowwww interest rates! It's a triple score

That's exactly my position, Fonz. I have a small down payment, no house that I need to sell, and am getting what I think is a pretty awesome rate on the mortgage. It sucks for the sellers and they kept saying in their counter offer 'Please note that we are losing 11k on this transaction' Umm, I'm sorry but maybe you shouldn't be upgrading to a bigger house in Lewis Center during a down housing market.....

Oh and yes, Chris, the inspector looked at the water heater but I don't think he looked inside it. I'll have to get someone to do the maintenance on that.

No, I'm going to have to buy ALL the lawn equipment, tools, etc, that I have never needed up til now.... There is a new line in my budget to save for 'misc house stuff'

That's exactly my position, Fonz. I have a small down payment, no house that I need to sell, and am getting what I think is a pretty awesome rate on the mortgage. It sucks for the sellers and they kept saying in their counter offer 'Please note that we are losing 11k on this transaction' Umm, I'm sorry but maybe you shouldn't be upgrading to a bigger house in Lewis Center during a down housing market.....

Oh and yes, Chris, the inspector looked at the water heater but I don't think he looked inside it. I'll have to get someone to do the maintenance on that.

I can do it if you want, take about an hour.... you know the rates....

don't talk to me about equity!!! We bought our house 5 years ago for 125 thou, now its only aproximated to be worth 100, been paying in for 5 years and couldn't get out of it if I wanted to.... I refuse to sell for a loss. no matter how much I want that 10 acres down towards lancaster....

you have inspired us to go house hunting.

Where are you looking?

These days, any equity you do have seems to pay the damn realtor fees. :mad:
don't talk to me about equity!!! We bought our house 5 years ago for 125 thou, now its only aproximated to be worth 100, been paying in for 5 years and couldn't get out of it if I wanted to.... I refuse to sell for a loss. no matter how much I want that 10 acres down towards lancaster....

I know....it's such a depressing time to sell...

• 2 weeks later...
Despite my crappy lender guy dropping the ball and making my close about 24 hours late, I DID buy the house before the end of the year, yay!

Schmuck and I are going to be some painting fools this weekend!!!! woo hoo

If you need any help, all I need are a few beers and I turn into Pablo Fucking Picasso.

lol, those would be some interesting walls!

anything would be better then that awful pink room.... Oh By the By mix fabric softener 50/50 with steamy hot water to get the wall paper off.... worked like a champ at justin's hacienda...