Autox Sat. 4/19 @ Trails

Dr. Apex

Yep, the first points event is this coming saturday at Trails!! The autocross is saturday with the last rallycross until September on Sunday @ Trails. Online registration closes on Thursday before the event @ 6pm.

Weahter report right now shows a chance for rain but about 70 degrees so it will be a much better day regardless.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to find out about that because I could only make the sunday and that's the points event.

Gray, it's a travelling Solo series with a number of veteran drivers I guess. Were hosting one this year so it will supposedly bring in some excellent competition.

I think what he meant for the GASS event is that if you don't come both days, it doesn't count towards the GASS event. But I think if you come only sunday, then you would still get the OVR points. I'm not sure about that, just how I interpreted it.

Please please please keep the rain away Sunday. One timing box mark on my front bumper is enough for me :mad:

BTW, Ben - Could you try to ride along with me for a run or two if possible next weekend? I think it's safe to say you have shown you know how to pilot a rwd roadster (last year), and me.... not so much.

I think what he meant for the GASS event is that if you don't come both days, it doesn't count towards the GASS event. But I think if you come only sunday, then you would still get the OVR points. I'm not sure about that, just how I interpreted it.

Please please please keep the rain away Sunday. One timing box mark on my front bumper is enough for me :mad:

BTW, Ben - Could you try to ride along with me for a run or two if possible next weekend? I think it's safe to say you have shown you know how to pilot a rwd roadster (last year), and me.... not so much.

That was really awesome, BTW.

Mine wasn't the long delay at the beginning of the afternoon session, if that's what you're thinking of. I hit it at the end of the second afternoon session... it was back up and running a minute later. I felt really bad about it though. I wasn't doing anything stupid, I think I just flicked a little too hard coming out of the chicago box... I got loose, countersteered, and the next thing I knew I was facing the box. I'm still very iffy on where the limits of the car are, and didn't think I was really pushing it that hard.

Yeah, I have chad's old miata. I thought you were being sarcastic saying "that was awesome," meaning "thanks a lot for making us all wait an extra 15 minutes in the rain." My bad...

At least you weren't the asian dude in the SW20 MR2 that wouldnt stop for a red flag.

Jerry, I can ride with if you like. Don't beat yourself up too much about the timing box, it happens every year and I almost nailed it with the S2000 as I spun across the finish line at the beginning of last year. All it takes is a little flick in the conditions we were in, I drifted out and took out a whole wall almost!!

I've been asked to be an instructor at the OVR drivers school this year so I'll be there that saturday, I think it's May 4th or 5th. I'll post it up when it's time but I'm sure you can sign up for it by now.

Hey guys-

Watched this past weekend for a while but got too cold and left- looks like fun-

Looking to register my wife and I as separate drivers for the event this weekend- however I can't figure out what class to run in- we are both noobs- I have participated once when I was 16 but I could barely drive on the road let alone race at that age...

The rsx-s is obvious g-stock but its my wife daily driver and a very nice car so I don't really want to tear the transmission out of it if one of us were to say miss a shift or so..

I would rather bring the mustang as I wouldn't be as upset if we broke it and it is easily fixed-

but the problem is I think I would be in modified I just don't know which one AM BM CM DM ETC- 90 lx coupe 5 spd with heads, cam, intake, supercharger, built drag racing rear, c springs and worn out shocks and bushings around. probably the same class as that thunderbird we saw this past sunday? no that was c prepared... hmm.

Also if we were to sell the mustang before the event could we switch our registration to the other car or do we lose our registration fees? This IS possible though unlikely as a few guys are interested in it now....

Either way help would be greatly appreciated...

Hey guys-

Watched this past weekend for a while but got too cold and left- looks like fun-

Looking to register my wife and I as separate drivers for the event this weekend- however I can't figure out what class to run in- we are both noobs- I have participated once when I was 16 but I could barely drive on the road let alone race at that age...

The rsx-s is obvious g-stock but its my wife daily driver and a very nice car so I don't really want to tear the transmission out of it if one of us were to say miss a shift or so..

I would rather bring the mustang as I wouldn't be as upset if we broke it and it is easily fixed-

but the problem is I think I would be in modified I just don't know which one AM BM CM DM ETC- 90 lx coupe 5 spd with heads, cam, intake, supercharger, built drag racing rear, c springs and worn out shocks and bushings around. probably the same class as that thunderbird we saw this past sunday? no that was c prepared... hmm.

Also if we were to sell the mustang before the event could we switch our registration to the other car or do we lose our registration fees? This IS possible though unlikely as a few guys are interested in it now....

I don't know what class your Stang would be in, but the RSX wouldn't get very abused. You rarely shift other from 1st to 2nd. Very scarce shifting into 3rd, if at all.

I don't know what class your Stang would be in, but the RSX wouldn't get very abused. You rarely shift other from 1st to 2nd. Very scarce shifting into 3rd, if at all.

My car frequently beeps at me when I'm in 2nd (8k rpm)

Turboed, it is a nice miata. Thanks for making me wait 15 more minutes in the rain :D

J.k lol.

That tbird taking out the timing light was actually pretty neat to watch. The Tbird in general was. But man did that guy in the MR2 get chewed out in grid.

I agree. You basically just throw it in second and forget it. Sometimes you will see a corner (like that little 180 degree pivot we had yesterday) where you can shift back to first, but you don't really have to. I left my car in second the whole run(mostly because it fights me pretty hard shifting 2-1, haha).

As a noob, I think I would recommend the rsx over the mustang. Just my $.02.

Ben - already have the driver school in my outlook calander :)

Yeah, the t-bird is pretty cool to watch. I can't wait to see what it does when those slicks actually stick...

Turboed, it is a nice miata. Thanks for making me wait 15 more minutes in the rain :D

But man did that guy in the MR2 get chewed out in grid.

Thanks... it's got some suspension gremlins I found a few weeks ago, but other than that it should be a pretty well prepared car. And my incedent was only about a 1 minute delay :cool:

From where I was (working corner 1), we didn't see any of the corners red flag that mr2, so we were blaming the corner workers. I guess we were wrong...

Guest Kidneyboy
i was kicking it down into first near corner 2 workers stand. It wasnt too hard [something i have learned just this past year] and it was fun to lock the back wheels before the corner only to punch it to help rotate the back end. Read: RWD FTW

Hey guys-

I'd reccommend using the RSX. It will be a much easier car to drive for both of you than a big HP mustang will that's built for drag. You can switch classes anytime as needed before the event, so when you show up just let them know you have a different car and they will take care of it.

The mustang likely would be in SM because of the boost or in CP, either way it's your first time out so it won't matter. Don't worry about being competitive, it doesn't usually happen in a season.

As long as the car is in good mechanical shape you can race, we have loaner helmets available. We also have a new novice mentor program and I am a mentor this year to help new people find their way around and what to do on and off the course. I'd reccommend signing up for the OVR drivers school in early may, you will get lots of seat time w/one-on-one instruction.

Let me know if you need help with anything, Ben.

i was kicking it down into first near corner 2 workers stand. It wasnt too hard [something i have learned just this past year] and it was fun to lock the back wheels before the corner only to punch it to help rotate the back end. Read: RWD FTW

RWD.......blah blah blah........ :burn: