Autox Sat. 4/19 @ Trails

Dr. Apex

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was in 3, from my point the guy in 5 just stood near the light pole and didn't run out far enough for the guy in the MR2 to see him.

heel/toe into 1st gear into the 180 helped alot to keep the rear end of the vette in check. i had to be easy on the throttle or it would just spin tires.

Guest 78novaman

Thunderbird?! Fox or MN12?

I won't make it out for a while, probably not until June or even July. Cougar now has a bad wheel bearing and I'm too busy.

I'd reccommend using the RSX. It will be a much easier car to drive for both of you than a big HP mustang will that's built for drag. You can switch classes anytime as needed before the event, so when you show up just let them know you have a different car and they will take care of it.

The mustang likely would be in SM because of the boost or in CP, either way it's your first time out so it won't matter. Don't worry about being competitive, it doesn't usually happen in a season.

As long as the car is in good mechanical shape you can race, we have loaner helmets available. We also have a new novice mentor program and I am a mentor this year to help new people find their way around and what to do on and off the course. I'd reccommend signing up for the OVR drivers school in early may, you will get lots of seat time w/one-on-one instruction.

Let me know if you need help with anything, Ben.

+1. Better to learn in a lower power car. Plus the stock suspension in the RSX is decent so it won't have any terrible characteristics.

I am in the white Honda Civic, STS#81. Stop by and say hello. Ask any questions you need to. Happy to help.

+1. Better to learn in a lower power car. Plus the stock suspension in the RSX is decent so it won't have any terrible characteristics.

I am in the white Honda Civic, STS#81. Stop by and say hello. Ask any questions you need to. Happy to help.

me and the girlfriend walked with you on the track walk, had i known you were on here i would have said something.

Thanks a lot guys! I talked it over with the wife and we are going to bring the RSX- its pearl white- Type S badging removed (hey it was briefly my car and if you have ever seen my mustang you know I like sleepers) Any help/mentoring would be awesome- I am not prideful in any way- I know I suck-

It was really too nasty last weekend to be social (I was pushing it to get the wife to watch period in the rain) and I am sure we saw lots of you CR guys but I would know you by your cars rather than your faces- we never saw AJ's Z06 run or a white civic (Rich) but we did see the first heat which had the blue dsm (ben?) and the silver fb (clbsinvadr) nice drivers btw- I am amazed how quiet but nice sounding some of the mustangs were in that heat- mine sounds more like that thunderbird which is mean but too loud for extended periods of time which if I keep it is going to change. FWIW my wife liked the green FD in the first session...

Did that green S14 240 have an LS1 in it- there was a guy I was talking to on ebay from columbus a while back with that setup and I lost his email address--- car looked similar...

Just gotta change the oil, serpentine and plugs and check the tire pressure on the rsex and it should be ready to roll- we have one M2000 helmet if thats legal and one SA95.

Unfortunately my brother-in-law has requested my assistance to modify his gate for his new riding mower this weekend so it looks like the drivers school will be my first participating event this season...

See you on May 3rd-

me and the girlfriend walked with you on the track walk, had i known you were on here i would have said something.

Are you the red Z06, license plate Z OHH 6? If so, you were parked next to my miata all day. Sorry I had to make your car look so bad in comparison :D

Did that green S14 240 have an LS1 in it- there was a guy I was talking to on ebay from columbus a while back with that setup and I lost his email address--- car looked similar...

The green S14 is stock. Stocker than stock.

However, the FD next to our FB during the first heat has an LS1 in it.

The green S14 is stock. Stocker than stock.

However, the FD next to our FB during the first heat has an LS1 in it.

Hah I told my wife that sounded like a v8 but I have never heard a turbo rotary before so I thought it may sound like that- I knew it didn't sound like the rotary in the FB.

Last year there was another FD that for some reason had a really lopey idle. It was really confusing... the smooth idle is a v8, the lopey idle is a rotary.

That was probably the Montego Blue, Half-Bridgeported car.

Rotary engines' idle mainly depends on the porting stlyle, which has a similar effect as cams do on a piston engine. The porting changes the timing of the intake and exaust ports opening, closing, and duration.

For example an RX-8 has 0 port timing overlap, (intake and exaust ports open at the same time), and idles as smooth as a Camry. Whereas some of the more radical port styles have huge overlap and idle at 1200-2200RPM and lope due to a misfire every few ignition events.

That was probably the Montego Blue, Half-Bridgeported car.

Rotary engines' idle mainly depends on the porting stlyle, which has a similar effect as cams do on a piston engine. The porting changes the timing of the intake and exaust ports opening, closing, and duration.

For example an RX-8 has 0 port timing overlap, (intake and exaust ports open at the same time), and idles as smooth as a Camry. Whereas some of the more radical port styles have huge overlap and idle at 1200-2200RPM and lope due to a misfire every few ignition events.

Interesting. Seeing that car always made me wonder how that was possible on a rotary...

Andrew, that's me in the dsm. You havnt seen the CP Mustangs yet, they are beasts and can't miss them on the track. You might not be missing anything this weekend as it's supposed to rain again, though it will be about 30 degrees warmer!! Do the drivers school, it will help a lot.

Jerry, the really lopey RX7 last year was my friend matt, he was driving the Mirage sunday as his 7 in being rebuilt(surprise, surprise!!), it's a beast of a car making over 400whp though and capable of near 500hp!!

Gray, don't be a sissy!! :D Maybe if you wear those boots with 6in thick heels you could drive with me!! :eek:

Joe, maybe the points event on the GASS weekend I'll run with you or something, we'll see how money is going. I'd like to drive an E30 as I keep an eye out for one for myself.

Are you the red Z06, license plate Z OHH 6? If so, you were parked next to my miata all day. Sorry I had to make your car look so bad in comparison :D

yes, i had a feeling since it was near bens car it had to be someone from on here.