I fooked it up :(

o0quiksilver0o

I'm putting this here because it deals with my bike... Seems like the right place.

Well when I was putting my integrated tail light on my bike some how blew somthing. Not quite sure what I did but now the turnsignals, brake light, running light, and dash area (if you will) won't work.. Bike starts fine and head light works fine.

Any one know what could be wrong. I checked the fuse box under the seat and now blown fuses. I put the factory tail light back on and still no dice. I'm going to put the factory front turn signals back on tomorrow.

I'm running out of ideas. Any input? If needed I'll put it back together and if some one wants to help I'll ride out to you. I can give you some money or what not also. But I'd like to get it fixed.

***Oh yeah, is a 2000 cbr f4 ***

Check your wiring, and make sure everything is going to the right places. If everything is good there, and it's not the fuses, then it has to be a relay.

If it's not any of those, then it could possibly be a switch, but switches are pretty damn hard to fook up.

I'd say check all of your wires insulations for shorts first, especially in bends/areas close to metal parts.

Also make sure you have a good clean ground connection-

you weren't supposed to use a relay to control it were you? I don't know how many amps the light draws but its worth checking the instructions... if it is LED based it shouldn't be much..

I figured the circuit you put it on would blow if you overloaded it with a bad connection/too much draw but on multiple circuits it sounds like a short to the frame...

The light could be defective and have an internal short... but again that would only effect the one circuit you tapped into unless you used multiple sources...

I'm putting this here because it deals with my bike... Seems like the right place.

Well when I was putting my integrated tail light on my bike some how blew somthing. Not quite sure what I did but now the turnsignals, brake light, running light, and dash area (if you will) won't work.. Bike starts fine and head light works fine.

Any one know what could be wrong. I checked the fuse box under the seat and now blown fuses. I put the factory tail light back on and still no dice. I'm going to put the factory front turn signals back on tomorrow.

I'm running out of ideas. Any input? If needed I'll put it back together and if some one wants to help I'll ride out to you. I can give you some money or what not also. But I'd like to get it fixed.

***Oh yeah, is a 2000 cbr f4 ***

mine did the same thing it was a fuse. but mine was from my tag light ground out on the tiger racing tail but the lights quit and the dash wouldnt work but the head light would and it would start

I'd say check all of your wires insulations for shorts first, especially in bends/areas close to metal parts.

Also make sure you have a good clean ground connection-

you weren't supposed to use a relay to control it were you? I don't know how many amps the light draws but its worth checking the instructions... if it is LED based it shouldn't be much..

I figured the circuit you put it on would blow if you overloaded it with a bad connection/too much draw but on multiple circuits it sounds like a short to the frame...

The light could be defective and have an internal short... but again that would only effect the one circuit you tapped into unless you used multiple sources...

+1. Sounds like you shorted a wire(s) out.

• 2 weeks later...

did you just lay an eye on the fuses or did you check with a meter? some fuses blow close to the contacts and you cannot see it.

It should be simple check, then check from the fuse terminal to ground for the lights in question, that will tell you if you are shorting to the chassis.

100% its a fuse, i'm guessing you checked the fuses under the seat? Not what youre looking for, it will be either up by the the dash some place, or by the frame rails, and it should have 6-10 small fuses. look for one marked "acc-lighting", or "instruments". Hope that helps.