The Mist

RedRocket1647545505

Have you read Insomnia? Perfect references to Pet Sematary, It, and The Dark Tower series, with the latter being the basis for the story.

Yeah, I had to since I suffer from it. lol I've gotten behind on his books lately. I used to read quite frequently, but have just gotten out of the habit, now. I'm months behind on my mags, too. :(

They should make Gerald's Game into a movie.

That book was alot better than I thought it would be and it was mostly due to King's ability to put you in the head of his subjects. Something that hasn't been duplicated well in the transition to movies. IMO, of course.

I downloaded it from piratebay(would've been pissed had I payed for it). The movie sucked a mule dick, but I thought the ending was great.

If you guys want to see an AWSOME movie ending, watch "A boy and his dog". It was made in the 80s or something, but its a great movie.

It follows the book exactly as it is written. I absolutely loved it.

FWIW, I thought Dragon Wars was the worst movie I have ever seen in a theater.

I totally agree, this was my favorite story by S.K. It followed the book very well . . . i even liked the ending. The book ended just before they ran out of fuel commenting on how his dad always hated stories with open endings.

The one thing i hated was that if you put 35-40 people in a building in a small town, you may have that one Zealot, but there would be many more fair minded christians to put that one in thier place. But it's a movie, and knowing kings left leanings, i understand where his assumptions come from. He's still my favorite (living) author.

King is definitely one of my top authors. I also really like Clive Barker. He has a wide range; not just Hellraiser-esk type stuff. Which I like, as well, anyway. Brian Lumley's another good author with a very interesting take on the vampire; very different take than most. Actually makes them interesting again. He has quite a few good series, as well.