Problems with the neighbors...

Guest mrhobbz

Guest mrhobbz

I've been having some issues with the neighbors kids hitting my car with shit, the first 4 times I was cool about it but its getting to the point where happens literally every other day. The first two times they hit the camaro with a plastic kick ball which wasn't heavy enough to cause any damage no big deal.

Thursday I was washing and polishing my rims when they hit my car with a football and left a nice sized dent, I went and talked to their parents and they literally do not seem to give a fuck. I politely asked if the could throw their balls around/play in their gigantic backyard so they wouldn't be hitting MY vehicles with their shit.

Now it has become a real problem, Friday they were riding their bike too close to my car for comfort and one of the kids fell and dug a handle bar into my passenger side rear fender. It left a nice sized scratch that dug through the clear coat and paint so I'm fairly fucking pissed off. I went over and politely talked to their parents and they still don't seem to give a fuck. What was even worse is the kid just looked at me like he was fucking retarded, no apology or anything he just hopped back on his bike and pedaled away like nothing ever happened. Is there anything I can do about this besides kicking someones ass?

I've been having some issues with the neighbors kids hitting my car with shit, the first 4 times I was cool about it but its getting to the point where happens literally every other day. The first two times they hit the camaro with a plastic kick ball which wasn't heavy enough to cause any damage no big deal.

Thursday I was washing and polishing my rims when they hit my car with a football and left a nice sized dent, I went and talked to their parents and they literally do not seem to give a fuck. I politely asked if the could throw their balls around/play in their gigantic backyard so they wouldn't be hitting MY vehicles with their shit.

Now it has become a real problem, Friday they were riding their bike too close to my car for comfort and one of the kids fell and dug a handle bar into my passenger side rear fender. It left a nice sized scratch that dug through the clear coat and paint so I'm fairly fucking pissed off. I went over and politely talked to their parents and they still don't seem to give a fuck. What was even worse is the kid just looked at me like he was fucking retarded, no apology or anything he just hopped back on his bike and pedaled away like nothing ever happened. Is there anything I can do about this besides kicking someones ass?

Photos, cops, legal papers.

And if the legit way fails, baseball bat to their car.

Guest mrhobbz
I think he means that the parents aren't going to do shit, or even give a care about your car until there's a police officer in their face.

Oh, now that statement makes more sense to me :) I'm going to take care of it monday morning.

Guest mrhobbz
Its just fucking aggrevating. Some dick at walmart while i was parked 50 miles away next to absolutely no cars parked next to me and opened his door into mine. Red rubbage and scrape FTW, now some punk ass 5 year old hoodlums smacking my car with their playage. Kids these days...

Dam ur havinbad luck ide take pictur4es of it an dates of when it happened...an next time anything happens call the cops an show them every thing an if they can't tdo anything....bad always works like someone said up there how old r the parents?

i feel your pain mrhobbz. my neighbors moved to canal winchester from the hilltop, not saying all people from there are bad at all, but first month they where here someone tried to steal his car and he goes outside and shots at them driving down the road. then NEVER mows his yard. gets a dog and dont keep it tied up and came over to my yard and shits in it. then the other day the damn dog shit on my pourch. i have a 3yr daughter who plays outside so this gets me a little worked up. i go outside, get the shovle, and put it on there pourch, in fron of there door. a week later they get ANOTHER dog. and about a week after that the dog pound shows up at there door and no more dogs now.

gets better. I'm a laid back guy. we have a swing in our back yard for our daughter. kids come over and ASK to play on it and i'm fine with that. but the other day same heigbors are having a party with all ther mexican't friends over and there kids. my daughter and a few of here friends where out there and then they left. as soon as we get inside all 10 of the little shits come running over and start playing. it wouldn't be such a big deal if they would just ask. then look out and they are up on our pourch. are you shitting me. there looking in our door and shit. so i go outside and say something to the parents and they get them back over in there yard. this happen 3 times in the same night.

I HATE DISREPECTFUL NEIGHBORS!!!!!!

and trust me there is more theings that have gone on.

Guest mrhobbz

Yeah thats exactly EXACTLY how my neighbors are. I've been depleting their toy reserve here lately, they want to put it in my yard after the bullshit I've been putting up with then i'll let my dogs chew on it :)

i feel your pain mrhobbz. my neighbors moved to canal winchester from the hilltop, not saying all people from there are bad at all, but first month they where here someone tried to steal his car and he goes outside and shots at them driving down the road. then NEVER mows his yard. gets a dog and dont keep it tied up and came over to my yard and shits in it. then the other day the damn dog shit on my pourch. i have a 3yr daughter who plays outside so this gets me a little worked up. i go outside, get the shovle, and put it on there pourch, in fron of there door. a week later they get ANOTHER dog. and about a week after that the dog pound shows up at there door and no more dogs now.

gets better. I'm a laid back guy. we have a swing in our back yard for our daughter. kids come over and ASK to play on it and i'm fine with that. but the other day same heigbors are having a party with all ther mexican't friends over and there kids. my daughter and a few of here friends where out there and then they left. as soon as we get inside all 10 of the little shits come running over and start playing. it wouldn't be such a big deal if they would just ask. then look out and they are up on our pourch. are you shitting me. there looking in our door and shit. so i go outside and say something to the parents and they get them back over in there yard. this happen 3 times in the same night.

I HATE DISREPECTFUL NEIGHBORS!!!!!!

and trust me there is more theings that have gone on.

thank god i don't have to deal with this shit. to the original poster, take pictures, document the times that you went to the parents, and their reactions, and file a police report. if you witnessed the kid doing it, it doesn't matter if it was an accident, its damaged property. get the police involved, and say nothing more to the parents--the police WILL sort it out.

Sounds like you're being forced to use the police, or courts. Kids do stupid shit and dont care cause they're kids, as such its the parents job to be responsible for them. If they are not, you don't have a choice if you want your shit fixed.

Document, document, document.

First get pics of the damage. Call the police and file a report. Then call your insurance, and give them the report and whatever information you have on your neighbor. If you have comprehensive, they'll bill the neighbor.

Also, ask the officer to have a talk with your neighbor about trespassing laws.

If you have no signs, then anyone at all can cross your property. However, if you specifically tell any one person that they are not allowed on the property, it becomes trespassing. But, it will never be enforced short of them commiting a criminal act while on your property. It does help if you have to go to small claims, though.

ANY TIME you see the kids bounce something off your car, call the cops. If nothing else, the repeated calls and reports will establish a pattern of behavior you can use in court.

Be prepared for backlash though. Sounds like the parents are real prize-winning POS's.

Our neighbors here in the apartments have kids that occasionally bounce a ball off the car by accident, but they apologize, kids and parents. And they're good enough neighbors that I really don't mind.

damn wtf, I remember when i was kid I hit a car with my bike, I felt so bad i went up to the door a told the owner. I dont know but i guess I was rasied well.

Call police, I had to park my Truck on street for a few months and It was constley getting fucked Police was notifdy everytime.