AutoX School 5/3;Race 5/4 @ OSU

Dr. Apex

Great day, i still need to get more supporting mods that are allowed in the class, the top 4 was the same order as last time, with me in third. Spun hard once and had no understeer issues today, almost too much oversteer. Never had the car drift like it did today in the dry.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fried as well. AJ, technically I shouldn't have a trophy because my anatomy disqualifies me from that class!! :D What's annoying is I never had to go into work so I could have run with my normal class.....oh well.

Jerry, good to hear your getting the hang of the new car. Also, what's this about a tire gauge? Gray had borrowed mine and should not of needed yours, what happened??

I'm fried as well. AJ, technically I shouldn't have a trophy because my anatomy disqualifies me from that class!! :D What's annoying is I never had to go into work so I could have run with my normal class.....oh well.

i'm burnt as well. good news ben, your the pointe leader

E-Prepared Ladies1 driver, 1 trophy Run1 Run2 Run3 Run4 Run5 BestPointsT:1Ben Senft [79]1990 Eagle Eclipse44.297 43.364 43.413 42.871 42.658 42.65870

Guest Kidneyboy

Thanks Ben! Id like some more power but thats a plan for another day [summer] I like being the underdog sometimes.

31 SM

4th in class [3rd place after two events]

PAX 42nd

FTD 19th

Need to work out the suspension. My GF took a bunch of pictures on the last turn of my car, each one shows the front pass wheel off the ground. So ive got to turn down or disconnect the rear bar to work on this.

Grayson, you owe me a $2 tire pressure gauge, haha. I completely forgot about it until I was in the grid.

Jerry,

I looked for you after the event and couldn't find you. Sorry dude, I'll have it with me at the next event.

Jerry,

I looked for you after the event and couldn't find you. Sorry dude, I'll have it with me at the next event.

Not a problem.

Did anyone get to talk to the gt40 owner? I just noticed it was registered as a '66 GT40. Certainly it was a kit car, right?

Well guys- finally got back on here to post-

What a lot of fun that autoxing is... the wife and I had a blast and we met a lot of cool people- I didn't know our car could handle that well even with my novice driving and there is NO WAY I am bringing the mustang out in its current state--- its hard enough to keep on track with less than half the hp/3-4 times the brakes/and probably 5 times the suspension.

Hard to believe how much my instructor got out of our car....

AJ/Ben was good to put faces to the names-

Turboed- saw your car but didn't see you w/o helmet- you were running when I was working- like the supertrapps- I am going to try that on my mustang

if there were any columbus racing people there I didn't mention I apologize- I may have met you and not known you were on here as well...

See you next time.

Not a problem.

Did anyone get to talk to the gt40 owner? I just noticed it was registered as a '66 GT40. Certainly it was a kit car, right?

GT40 was a kit, yes. He's from Tiffin Ohio. Thats all i know, i guess he and his buddy are into vintage race cars, he was with the guy that had the old yellow Alfa running CSP.

Guest Kidneyboy

Old Alfa was perfection. looked so good

i guess he was telling people it was real, but when he was working on it i snuck a peek under the front bonnet and found the 'Cape Town' plate showing that it was made in South Africa.

After the event i hopped on 315 south behind him as is floored it onto the freeway and into traffic. pretty cool

Well guys- finally got back on here to post-

What a lot of fun that autoxing is... the wife and I had a blast and we met a lot of cool people- I didn't know our car could handle that well even with my novice driving and there is NO WAY I am bringing the mustang out in its current state--- its hard enough to keep on track with less than half the hp/3-4 times the brakes/and probably 5 times the suspension.

Hard to believe how much my instructor got out of our car....

AJ/Ben was good to put faces to the names-

Turboed- saw your car but didn't see you w/o helmet- you were running when I was working- like the supertrapps- I am going to try that on my mustang

if there were any columbus racing people there I didn't mention I apologize- I may have met you and not known you were on here as well...

See you next time.

should have come out sunday, i told the wife that you could both go for a ride with me.

See you next time.

I was in the white Civic #81. Come up and say howdy!

Rich

Unfortunately I didn't get to see the alfa or the gt40 up close, but both looked to be sweet cars.

hpfiend - Was that you and your wife that I talked to about being Purdue alums?

hmm you may have spoken with my wife (she's more extroverted than I), but we are both Vanderbilt alums???

Andrew, good to meet you and your wife. Definitely come out again so you can really get some dry laps in, the RSX is a good car for it.

Will do- once it dried up a bit it was a lot less frustrating- from what I can tell so far other than the minis I think the RSX-S is classed pretty good in G-stock... well who am I kidding I at lesat wont be anywhere near competitive in any class anytime soon..

should have come out sunday, i told the wife that you could both go for a ride with me.

I know- we had work at the house to do on Sunday :-( thanks for the offer though- that may make me do crazy things like part out the mustang to get one however...

hmm you may have spoken with my wife (she's more extroverted than I), but we are both Vanderbilt alums???

Nevermind, different couple I guess. Good thing I didn't ask if it was you, haha. I'll try to say hey next time we are both at an event.