Did a Vette blow up at Kil-Kare last week...?

Got-Boost?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rumor has it was a turbo vette from c-bus... black?

How did anyone know it was from Columbus? Just curious. I personally know of no other black TT cars around here (Aside from Mike's LPE car but not sure if that is a Z06).

Jeff

How did anyone know it was from Columbus? Just curious. I personally know of no other black TT cars around here (Aside from Mike's LPE car but not sure if that is a Z06).

Jeff

It could have been from BFE for all I know... that was just what I 'heard' and you know how that shit just spreads around... but it was def. a black TT z06...

That was thursday before last. Rumor has it: THE FRAME WAS CLEARANCED TO MAKE ROOM FOR THE TURBO'S!! Hack master 5000.

http://www.milwaukeeconnect.com/wcsstore/METB2B/html/images/mediumprod/6538-21.jpg

That was thursday before last. Rumor has it: THE FRAME WAS CLEARANCED TO MAKE ROOM FOR THE TURBO'S!! Hack master 5000.

http://www.milwaukeeconnect.com/wcsstore/METB2B/html/images/mediumprod/6538-21.jpg

wrong tool. All thas required is a BFH

http://www.gp.lib.mi.us/information/about/Tools/sledgehammer.jpg

Newsflash: If it was a C5 or C6 and had turbos larger than 9bs then yes, the frame was certainly "Clearanced" to get the kit installed (Assuming it wasn't a STS).

We had a very nice Twin Turbo Mustang in a couple weeks ago that I guess was "Ruined" because his frame was notched to hell and back to fit the turbo on the passenger side. I almost broke the news to him that his car was "Totaled" because somebody cut his frame but I just didnt have the heart lol.

Jeff

On the larger twin kit you have to clearence the frame. Even the installation instructions state that.

And by clearance what do they mean?

They actually say "Dent" in every kits instructions I have ever read. For such a tiny area that needs altered you would be retarded to cut into the rail and attempt to re-weld. I will have to look at the APS instructions again to see how there's is worded but pretty sure they use "Dent" as well.

Now the Incon kit on the Mustang flat-out demanded that a Soft-ball size section of the frame be cut in order for it to fit. The car looked great and made silly power, the install of the kit looked great, and if it werent for threads like this I would have never even paid any attention to the "Notched" frame rail.

Frame-rail alterations weren't news worthy back in '88 when the Mustang TT kits started being sold or in '98 when the C5 kits first started coming out and it sure as hell isnt anything new now.

Jeff