Did a Vette blow up at Kil-Kare last week...?

Got-Boost?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, are'nt you the guy who paints in his shop with uncovered customer cars in the same space? I recall you stating that the overspray doesnt really get on those cars, but we all know better than that.

Now, what the fuck is it that people who live in glass houses should'nt throw?

Let me clear something up for you. We paint items and vehicles open air just like many other shops do on occasions. So we started painting a car in one area with a car on the total opposite side of the shop. Sorry. The car was wash with something youve probably never heard. My camaro is in the shop along with my boat. If you'd like to run your finger down anyone of them feel free. As you can see In Anthony's signature. That pictures was taken with in an hour after he pulled the car out of my shop and drove it to the dyno. Like he stated his car has been inside of my shop for 4 months. (And his storage fee is adding up ;) )

If you read this thread, post to post, youll see I have no issue here.

Thanks for your time.

Kevin Clifford

Clifford Automotive LLC

Let me clear something up for you. We paint items and vehicles open air just like many other shops do on occasions. So we started painting a car in one area with a car on the total opposite side of the shop. Sorry. The car was wash with something youve probably never heard. My camaro is in the shop along with my boat. If you'd like to run your finger down anyone of them feel free. As you can see In Anthony's signature. That pictures was taken with in an hour after he pulled the car out of my shop and drove it to the dyno. Like he stated his car has been inside of my shop for 4 months. (And his storage fee is adding up ;) )

If you read this thread, post to post, youll see I have no issue here.

Thanks for your time.

Kevin Clifford

Clifford Automotive LLC

I would love to rub your boat ;)

Its not hard to keep overspray off cars for the record. I would think Kevin knows what he is doing cause cleaning overspray sucks dick.

Also Kevin dont know if you know but if you call keystone Mike (anthony) is gone cause I stole him :)

Right, and that's mainly my concern, which is that all this stupid shit about IPS and the frame rails keeps getting regurgitated when it's been demonstrated repeatedly that IPS did exactly what is supposed to be done and did what every other quality shop does in situations like that. IPS is a great shop, they've done nothing but quality work for me on all of my cars, and I'm a little tired of seeing people take shots at them about this.

Also, yes, I can taste posts. I can also bench 4,760lbs and I control the power of the sun, kind of like Apollo, but minus the gay chariot.

Lets clear this up Doc, my official statement is as follows: I know nothing of IPS, your ZO6, or the manner in which said vehicle was modified. From the vids I have seen, it appears that the black ZO6 in question, CAN handle all of the hp on tap without twisting like a pretzel. Congrats to IPS and the one and only Dr. ZO6.

Now about this controlling the sun. I need around the clock blazing sun on my pool. I have a pool heater, but propane is too high. Can you control propane pricing? If not, just use the sun, it will piss off the neighbors anyway. I would like to see about 85-88 degree F water temp. TIA.

I would love to rub your boat ;)

Its not hard to keep overspray off cars for the record. I would think Kevin knows what he is doing cause cleaning overspray sucks dick.

Also Kevin dont know if you know but if you call keystone Mike (anthony) is gone cause I stole him :)

Yeah I know. I hate you for that. Now Im just like you and every other shop. I was getting parts at more the the standard discount. Now Im pretty sure that will be gone next week. Heathers last day is Friday.

dr. z06 is lieing. i seen the car too. had too be his. he just dont want everyone knowing that a car touched and built by god himself feel apart and is now in a million peaces b/c ips can't build cars. (for those who dont know me, i'm joking)

but i have the fastest stock lsx in the country. to the hell with columbus.

I saw the car it looked like Tilley's to me, and everyone from IPS was there. I also heard from someone who works at IPS that it was his.

You didnt see us at the track last week (Kilkare or anywhere else). Since the only fact correct in the first two posts was that the car indeed was a black TT Z06 I honestly thought they were talking about somebody else. We were at Kilkare 3 weeks ago (Not last week). The car didnt blow up and in fact most likely will be at Kilare again tomorrow. The track was "Shut down" for all of 30 seconds and no clean-up was done or needed as nothing happened save for a rebuilt turbo kicking the bucket. The car was driven back on/off the trailer and all was fine save for a junk turbo (That just had a $900 rebuild done last year) smoking quite a bit.

We were there just to see how she would feel on slicks and low boost and as expected it was quite a handfull :)

Jeff

This is getting to drawn out. I personally know of another black tt Z06 here in Columbus that was built a year before the Doc's. I know this because I have worked on it. If it is the same car it had a stock engine. The owner didn't want to pony up the cash for a new engine.

/thread

Lets clear this up Doc, my official statement is as follows: I know nothing of IPS, your ZO6, or the manner in which said vehicle was modified. From the vids I have seen, it appears that the black ZO6 in question, CAN handle all of the hp on tap without twisting like a pretzel. Congrats to IPS and the one and only Dr. ZO6.

Now about this controlling the sun. I need around the clock blazing sun on my pool. I have a pool heater, but propane is too high. Can you control propane pricing? If not, just use the sun, it will piss off the neighbors anyway. I would like to see about 85-88 degree F water temp. TIA.

hahahahaha, thats why I love you man :D

I know for a fact Lee Howie built a a black TT zo6. I was down at his shop when it was about 95% done which was last yr. So it could of been that one.

I think that was the third one he has done that was black. I helped him on another black one over two years ago and a yellow one last year.

You didnt see us at the track last week (Kilkare or anywhere else). Since the only fact correct in the first two posts was that the car indeed was a black TT Z06 I honestly thought they were talking about somebody else. We were at Kilkare 3 weeks ago (Not last week). The car didnt blow up and in fact most likely will be at Kilare again tomorrow. The track was "Shut down" for all of 30 seconds and no clean-up was done or needed as nothing happened save for a rebuilt turbo kicking the bucket. The car was driven back on/off the trailer and all was fine save for a junk turbo (That just had a $900 rebuild done last year) smoking quite a bit.

We were there just to see how she would feel on slicks and low boost and as expected it was quite a handfull :)

Jeff

So if you weren't there last week, how do you know that the first two posts were incorrect....? It could have been another Black TT-Z06, right... :p

So if you weren't there last week, how do you know that the first two posts were incorrect....? It could have been another Black TT-Z06, right... :p

If the car blew-up and shut the track down for a hour it was DEFINETLY a different car (Regardless of week).

All I can tell you is we werent there last week or the week before so apparently there is another one that didnt have a very good day.

Jeff

If the car blew-up and shut the track down for a hour it was DEFINETLY a different car (Regardless of week).

All I can tell you is we werent there last week or the week before so apparently there is another one that didnt have a very good day.

Jeff

nope, you are thinking of the same one as me, it wasnt last week, the rumor has just been spreading, and it sounds accurate, as I didnt hear anything about the track being shut down, just that the car was smoking a lot and didnt run after...

Yeah I know. I hate you for that. Now Im just like you and every other shop. I was getting parts at more the the standard discount. Now Im pretty sure that will be gone next week. Heathers last day is Friday.

There is a new A/M company coming in and they should be good. Now that I have the inside man its real easy :)

I still get my discounts, when he orders for me :)