Did a Vette blow up at Kil-Kare last week...?

Got-Boost?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Sherlock...

Just for further clarification what was the cars VIN number?

Did I win something? Is that someone you are familiar with, or on this forum? I have never seen this particular vehicle before, but I'm not local to the 270 area.

For the record I was driving the car that blew up. We turned the boost up and were not suppose to spray on that pass because the progressive controlled wasnt turned on. I however was getting my complemetary blow job that comes standard with every vette and hit the nitrous switch by mistake. I'm upset that I damaged the car, however I have to admit it was a nice rush because the car blew up just as I climaxed.

I saw the car it looked like Tilley's to me, and everyone from IPS was there. I also heard from someone who works at IPS that it was his.

I believe he is referring to the previous week and not the car that caused an hour cleanup. I actually was talking to him on the phone when Tilley was staging. He, 90gt, said the car came out and spun in first, then got loose in second and the run ended there. Then he said later that the car came out a little better and at the top end it looked to be smoking a little. When the car was being put on the trailer it was smoking then too. I found out later that it was one of the turbos that caused this. 90gt already knows all of this and that is what he was referring to. Apparently there was another vette that had some more serious issues and that wasn't Tilley's car. Hopefully all of the confusion can be settled now. By the way, from the sounds of it the car has some serious potential if it can make a clean pass :)

Hopefully all of the confusion can be settled now. By the way, from the sounds of it the car has some serious potential if it can make a clean pass :)

Yeah, it definitely spent more time sideways than going straight lol. It was the first time out and completely expected. We will have to see if we can play with the tires/pressure a bit and get a clean pass out of it this week :)

Jeff

You didnt see us at the track last week (Kilkare or anywhere else). Since the only fact correct in the first two posts was that the car indeed was a black TT Z06 I honestly thought they were talking about somebody else. We were at Kilkare 3 weeks ago (Not last week). The car didnt blow up and in fact most likely will be at Kilare again tomorrow. The track was "Shut down" for all of 30 seconds and no clean-up was done or needed as nothing happened save for a rebuilt turbo kicking the bucket. The car was driven back on/off the trailer and all was fine save for a junk turbo (That just had a $900 rebuild done last year) smoking quite a bit.

We were there just to see how she would feel on slicks and low boost and as expected it was quite a handfull :)

Jeff

Sorry, I got my days confused I thought everyone was referring to what happened when it was there. I was actually hoping to see it last week to see it make a full pass, car looks pretty sick. Anyway, I never said anything on here about the car blowing up, I just stated I saw it there that is all.

Just in case some twin turbo ZO6 action happens tomorrow at Kilkare, I will have my top secret agents strategically located to catch the action. Do you really need vin numbers to verify these allegations?

Rephrase...what was the best mph achieved?

It really didnt have a "Best" of either :) I dont think it was ever in throttle more than a second or two without lifting on either pass and the turbo died on the 2nd so it was a short day.

IIRC I think both passes were 17.x @ 7x lol

Jeff