Sources for a tranny swap?

Mitch

Anyone know a local source for a 5sp tranny for a Z32 300ZX TT? I believe it is an RS5R30A. I have almost all of the other parts, just need the trans.

After much peer pressure (you shitheads know who you are) I decided to start looking for places to pick up the trans. The car has other issues that need to be sorted out first or I would have posted as a WTB in the swap meet. So if you know of anyone who has one laying around or a good shop, please let me know. Just looking for ideas and prices currently.

We gave away (Or very close to it) 3-4 Z 5-Speeds a year or so ago (To make room for the dyno) but dont have anything now. Not sure how much luck you are going to have locally but I would try Brims Imports or maybe All Foreign and if you strike out there call Z1 as they most likely would have one.

Good luck!

Jeff

I kinda like the eternity between flooring it and the tranny deciding to downshift, gives me time to mull over the days events, change the radio station, whatever. Meanwhile giving a sporting 1 car lead to the guy beside me.

We gave away (Or very close to it) 3-4 Z 5-Speeds a year or so ago (To make room for the dyno) but dont have anything now.

I know, it was right before I bought the car. I had seen Brandon or someone from IPS had them advertised here or ohionissans. I figured they were a dime a dozen since you guys were practically giving them away.

I found Brims from car-part.com, looks like they have two, but want 10 times what you guys were asking.

Thanks for the tip on Augies, Dave.

Like I said, I'm just trying to get ideas, it will probably be mid to late summer before I can do this right.

This is true, but making a z32 into a "cheap digger" would be terrible. :p

Dave, it has a solid auto trans, with an HKS ALC and pretty much all you can do for an auto trans in the nissan cars. I do not intend to make it into a drag queen. I do value your advice and will check up on the places you have mentioned.

Thanks, Shawn, this car will turn. I have always owned domestics,(f-body and sn-95s) before this. I never knew what it was like to feel like my ass end wasn't getting squirrelly before this car. Not squirrely as in tires loose, but like when you hit a corner or offramp at 70 and the car goes one way, the ass end does whatever the fuck it wants.

The goal is roughly 500 very streetable HP, after all is said and done. Mods other than engine will go to reliability. There is a balance between HP and streetability that I strive to attain.

The tranny swap is intended to add to that enjoyment.

Thanks, Shawn, this car will turn. I have always owned domestics,(f-body and sn-95s) before this. I never knew what it was like to feel like my ass end wasn't getting squirrelly before this car. Not squirrely as in tires loose, but like when you hit a corner or offramp at 70 and the car goes one way, the ass end does whatever the fuck it wants.

The goal is roughly 500 very streetable HP, after all is said and done. Mods other than engine will go to reliability. There is a balance between HP and streetability that I strive to attain.

The tranny swap is intended to add to that enjoyment.

Always been a huge Z32 fan, and that grew since seeing Brett's old Z and a few others. An exceptional car at high speeds that will reward the right driver with amazing cornering skills. I'd def like a ride once you rid yourself of the slushomatic. We've been thinking of dong the VH45 in a N/A Z :)

Maybe someday.

Always been a huge Z32 fan, and that grew since seeing Brett's old Z and a few others. An exceptional car at high speeds that will reward the right driver with amazing cornering skills. I'd def like a ride once you rid yourself of the slushomatic. We've been thinking of dong the VH45 in a N/A Z :)

Maybe someday.

Theres lots of talk on the Z forums of the VH45 swap, all of them need a massive, ugly hole cut into the hood.

You are welcome for a ride now, you just gotta wait for it to decide to downshift...

yes, with the hood up, it looked tittays. Drop the hood and its like...dude...wait...what?

Q cars are supposedly very cheap from a boneyard.

We need to get you, Howard, Steve and Craig together and find somewhere to play. You and Steve battle it out for 4door 4 passenger cars, and all of us have fun on the turns. How about hocking hills?

yes, with the hood up, it looked tittays. Drop the hood and its like...dude...wait...what?

Q cars are supposedly very cheap from a boneyard.

We need to get you, Howard, Steve and Craig together and find somewhere to play. You and Steve battle it out for 4door 4 passenger cars, and all of us have fun on the turns. How about hocking hills?

Is it really fair to include Jenkins? Mauraders can't handle..:p

He'd kill me on everything demanding power, so turns is my only defense.:(

Sure sounds like a plan though. I miss hocking bunches. Used to drive it everyday for yearrsss.

Is it really fair to include Jenkins? Mauraders can't handle..:p

He'd kill me on everything demanding power, so turns is my only defense.:(

Sure sounds like a plan though. I miss hocking bunches. Used to drive it everyday for yearrsss.

You're right he has done nothing to make that bitch handle, no big baer brakes with all stainless acoutremounts,no rear lower control arms, it truly is a pig.

When will he pipe up? Do I have to proffer that the first to flip the car wins in this challenge?